HybridZ

To all those wondering about the LS1's potential . . . turbo

Guest BigE

Damn that's impressive! I'd still like to see it do the 9's the author bragged about - mid-11's with 700+ hp needs improvement (I know, he was being careful to launch nicely). He'd have to pull a ScottieGNZ 60' to get 9's with 136mph traps I would think...

Guest BigE

Yeah, I know nothing of their business practices and do not support or condemn them. I read about their success with turbocharging a stock LS1 and talked to a friend about it. He said that while it was impressive, the stock LS1 ring tolerances were too loose for high boost allowing blowby into the crankcase. This made the car blow smoke at the end of the 1/4 mile run video if any of you downloaded it. My friend (who is a seasoned "turbo" guy) did not seem too confident in the way the kit was working. He even spoke with Rob about this project.

I pass no judgement on the kit or QMP because I haven't experienced it first hand. However, I think the dyno runs, boost numbers and track times speak for the versatility of the LS1. It's truly a remarkable engine.