HybridZ

New bodykit design for 280zx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 305240

Awsome...Keep it all blue...The flairs remind me of the 350 for some reason. They look great. You could raise it up a tad, so it doesn't look like it will swallow dead cats on the hiway.....I like it...build me one?

I'm thinking 3-4" groundclearance at the track and 4-5" on road (ah the abilities coilovers have(just wish I had em))

You think all blue will look good eh. Do you think the inlets in the hood (lower part) look good.

I wish I had a way to make the headlights and taillights real. The color is decided though 350Z daytona blue (color code B17) started thinking that having a black hood in vegas isn't so smart and it's a pain to keep looking good. Althoughthe stripe I designed is cool I think you may be right with it being solid blue. How about the wing?

The flares I thought of when I looked at this car

a little flare up front to blend in with the front fascia and its merely perfect

Guest 305240

The lights look good, as do the air scoops in front. In my opinion, I'd trash the ricer wing and go with an F-40 style of sorts. I was never a fan of the ricer wings. They remind me of the many kids with them on their Honda's with their engines just spitting and sputtering. Oh, add primer grey and a huge fart can. Top it off with huge shinny wheels and rubber bands for tires. The ride like a lumber wagon. I guess the trends are changing. God, I must be old.

Looks good. Next step; a more life-like proportioned drawing (or photo) that has the modifications you wish to make inserted into it, so that a more realistic idea of what this design will look like emerges. This will be where you will find yourself making small (and sometimes big) changes to keep the theme of your design probable. If I had another life to live over again, I'd attempt another "blueovalz" on an S130. There seems to be a void of "highly modified bodywork" on the S130 verses the S30. The few S130 customized bodies that I've seen are striking, and I would like to see more work done in this area.

Let's see now; it's July, so by October I figure you'll have the raw bodywork finished for us to see? :D:D

yeah I wish that were possible (doing the body work that is). I agree though not much has been done to S130's. But what is even rarer is stuff done to an S130J (280ZX 2+2) thats is what the drawing is supposed to depict anyways. Next step I think is going to be a clay model. I started to make the car in my 3D animations class but I had too little time to complete it. I need to learn how to glass first I suppose. Here's a ? What would be better the rear fenders made from metal, flimsy fiberglass or urethane. My idea although expensive is to have a professional make the kit or to do this after college. You must remember I'm only 18. (this is my dream car). Not a ferrari but a duped out 280ZX 2+2 that has only the modern highlights of todays cars. So far I have the 280ZX 2+2 (1979 to,even more rare).

What would be better the rear fenders made from metal, flimsy fiberglass or urethane

Metal would be nice, if not ideal, but much more skill (IMHO) is needed to do it this way. Fiberglass can be anything but flimsy if you make it thick enough. My "standard" on all my parts is around .130" to .200" (I usually stay on the thinner side of this window). At this thickness, it takes a lot to damage or move it around on anything but a purely flat surface. Urethane, can't address that medium.

Guest 305240

To help your dream come true, take an autobody class, welding class, sheet metal class while you are in college. Make the fenders by adding sheet metal on to what you have to get the look. then lay glass over it to make the molds. buy a good set of body hammers and dollies, along with a good set of body files. You're gonna need them. A spot welder, a set of torches, a wire feeder, and lots of spot weld cutters. Practice on the body you are going to use for parts and or mock up. When you get done, I'm sure you will get a ton of orders. Put me on the list for the first one.

Looks promising but eff off the wing. The 280ZX seems to have a lot of potential for body mods but no-one does them. Just try to keep it in the style of its era, not try and not make it look like a modern car.

BTW Akezeim you can do car bodywork, painting, etc at TAFE. Get to it.:)

I think it looks pretty good, and would go good with the 2+2. I think it would look cool if you kept the hood blue and put on some headlight covers and painted them black (relocate the lights into the grille). Also hood vents like these would go with the theme (one the CF hood at the bottom of the page)http://www.autosportz.com/bodykits_miscellaneous_carbon_fiber_hoods_grade_a_monster_type_2.htm

Personally, Nope to ricy for my taste. The Aerokit II from Motorsport Auto is about as radical as I will go on my 280zx. The only reason I like that kit is it does away with the stock bumper and gets rid of those ugly bumper protrusions.

Guest RCNSC

I like the idea but I hate the car you're using as a base. 280ZXs are ugly IMO and any early 2+2 Z/ZX looks like crap.

I think the headlights are pretty cool. I like how you put turn signals in em. If you buy the 280ZX on Tokyo Extreme Racer 3, one of the headlight options looks very similar to that. The widebody in the back is cool too.

Sketch a few S30 kits up.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Since so many people are interested to see what this style would look like on an S30 I'll see if I can make up a decent sketch. I'll tell this though in case you didn't notice the rear flares blend into the doors. Most widebodies end there flares right before the doors, like Dan Juday's 240Z with the wide rear end. Heavy customizing this route but it looks way better(I think).Also there is a slight flare up front that can be barely noticed and it blends into the front fascia.

I'll post some pics if and when I draw up the S30 design.

IMO, it’s too ricey for me. The front fascia is too aggressive (just seems kinda over-exaggerated), I don’t really care for the rear wing, the taillights would look good if they blended into the body (not just a clear housing) but other than that I think it’d be interesting to see. I like the flares and the new headlight/blinker configuration, and I think the hood looks pretty decent. Thanks for putting this on an S130 – it’s always good to see a little more options for that body style.

Here are a couple of 280zxs I think you would appreciate:

A 2+2:

zeeboost-280zx_2plus2.jpg

zeeboost-280zx_2plus2_1.jpg

And a widebody:

zeeboost-280zx_widebody.jpg

zeeboost-280zx_widebody2.jpg