HybridZ

"Excuse me Officer....but is that a Hemi?"

Tim240z

I had a feeling Dodge would push the Magnum for police duty because of the new RWD platform but a high output 6Cyl. ? Im curious to see how the new V-8 cyclinder deactivation would do even with the new technology. Somehow everyone remembers the old 8-6-4 in Cadillac.

Our middle daughter and her husband just traded in her Camaro for a Dakota. She has three grandkids that they have to haul around and that was their excuse for getting an SUV. Too bad she didn't buy a magnum instead of the Dakota. I think it would have make a lot more sense. Besides, she might have saved enough to have gotten the Hemi. :-D

Guest 2slo4u

Just another vehicle made in an attempt to attract everybody. Come on, give me a break! What ever happened to SPORTS CARS? Who cares if your pickup can go zero to sixty in 5 seconds, do you ever use it for its' original designed purpose? I can see it now, grandma smoking the young kid trying to have a respectable sports car. Why can't sports cars be CARS? Why can't trucks be trucks, station wagons be station wagons and crappy little econo boxes be cheap for a reason? Why do they have to cram 240hp into a crappy engine that won't last two years?

I mean, come on! They can't really think a 5.7 liter station wagon loaded down with totally unrelated items could smoke an italian supercar! Of course they like to let it look that way. I drove the lightest single cab pickup available with the hemi and it was ok for a truck.

Oh well maybe everyone needs an omnipurpose vehicle with the same exact look, hp, and features. Maybe then the only difference will be the programming. :roll:

Uh, the more performance cars the better:

1) Competition means better and better versions get built

2) Competition means other competitive models from other mfgs

2) More cars means lower prices on parts

3) More cars means more wrecks at the JY and more possibilities for swaps

4) Never diss performance

5) Not every guy or family can afford several cars, escpecially sports cars

6) A hemi wagon is like 1 stop shopping

Davy

Uh' date=' the more performance cars the better:

3) More cars means more wrecks at the JY and [i']more possibilities[/i] for swaps

Davy

Amen Brutha!!

Since I am a tech at a Dodge Dealership I'll give you my opinion of the Magnum (RT).....

Personally I think they look awesome! I think it could be lowered about 1-2" and put a nice set of chrome wheels on it and it would look really nice!

As for the HEMI, the 5.7 Hemi has really impressed me. We havent had any problems with them yet and the trannys that are behind the 5.7HEMI's in the cars are bullet proof. The ones in the trucks havent been a problem yet either but all of the tranny guys I have talked to and even when I was down at Chrysler training 2 months ago, they were even saying the trannys are bullet proof! Heres the best part about the HEMI in the new cars, since they have some cylinders shut down at cruising speeds they get very close the milage that the 3.5L V6 is getting. So you can have the power on demand and when you dont need it your still getting 20+mpg!

I havent got to drive one yet but just from the looks of it, it looks like it will be a fun car to drive. Yeah its a station wagon but its one "pimp'n station wagon!" LOL :D I would buy one and Im only 21! :D

Guy

Good to hear! I love hearing postive things about engines and trannys. As for the shutting down of cylinders while driving :? I'm not sold on that. I am a V8Z car owner--I don't care about mileage :D only tire smoke.

Davy

Guest 2slo4u

Yeah, I guess ya need to give the hemis a little time too see what they'll do. They've been out for such a short time it's unfair to prejudge them. Maybe they won't need to be flash programmed for driveability issues. I have them come in regularly and still haven't had the rear door lock sheath recall done yet. Sucks when your doors don't lock everytime. Great for thieves, though. Hopefully my boss's seven month old caravan's clock spring gets replaced so his airbag light goes off.

Rear brake reinforcement bracket anyone?

Ha, Ha.

Honestly, just trying to get a rise, for $h!t$ and giggles.

Uh' date=' the more performance cars the better:

3) More cars means more wrecks at the JY and [i']more possibilities[/i] for swaps

Davy

Amen Brutha!!

What they said :2thumbs:

and unfortunately because people are like sheep who are now herded to SUV's, sports cars gave way to sports sedans which gave way to sports trucks and SUV's.

“How am I going to get that Hemi into one of those Cross Fires.” :wink:

Why bother with the HEMI when you can buy the SRT-6 Crossfire? I think they are going to put it into production anyways? I cant remeber if its a twin turbo or a single? My service writer was talking about it a few weeks back but I dont remember much of the details....

Guy

Guest HolyLlama

Not knocking the HEMIs or anything,I love em, but wouldn't it have been easier and probably less likely to tear up due to glitches, to put an oversized turbo on a V6 so it would have a bit of turbo lag, rather than have cylinders shut down at cruising speeds? Of course I have no clue how it shuts down the cylinders, so it might be fairly immune to failure.

From what I understand.....

The PCM will shut down a few cylinders at a time, say 1,4,7,3(example)(2-4cylinders depending on load) Then the next time around it will shut down say, 2,5,6,8. This is all happening in milliseconds. Multiple displacement has been around for a few years so I would think that if it was a problem they wouldnt use it?

Today I got to drive a 300C(HEMI powered 300M). My service writers wife has one and he brought it in today for some warrenty work(shifter knob leather was defective from factory........aka his wife scratched the leather :lol: ) So he asked me if I wanted to take it for a spin......I was like "HELL YA I DO!" He knows how I like to "see what a vehicle has got" but he trusts me and just told me to be careful! :twisted: So I took it down the road and at the first stop sign I started to do a burn out but the traction control was on! :cry: ..........once I found the ON/OFF button for that though, the fun really began! That thing will easily light those tires up and it doesnt do a one wheel peal either.......LSD rearend! :twisted: Going from a dead stop and just mashing the gas is amazing for a big car like that. It really does throw you back in the seat. As for the multiple displacment(shutting down cylinders), I couldnt even tell if it was on or not? The throttle response from a cruising speed was very good and it really can get up and go. Not to mention it actually handled very good for a big car. Just turn on that traction control and just giver hell....the car will automatically slow down for you if your going to fast(shut down some cylinders to control the power).

I personally like the MAGNUM better. The 300M just looks funny? Too boxy or something? Yeah I know the MAGNUM is pretty much the same car but instead of a trunk its just extended into a wagon but it just makes the car look better! :D

Guy

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Finally! Dodge has impressed me. Love the magnum and 300c. ALot of car for the price. Very practicle vechicle and has the looks.

Juan