HybridZ

NormThe12secondSUdude visited/checked out the supercharger

kj280z

Well my turbo motor has the EXACT same bottom end as the one that ken has. We got all of our pieces at the same time and both were assembled at the same time in my garage. I'm also using a TEC II but my injectors are a little larger at 50lbs. I don't have tge super secretive cam but I am using a T04E/t3 hybrid. I guess it's time to put my car on the dyno to see how a turbo motor compares to a supercharged motor!

Joe

Guest norm[T12SDSUD]

Hey Ken, it probably would be a good precaution to put in a large reinforcing brace from the bottom of the intake manifold to the engine block so that you can avoid stress cracking the manifold from all the downward pressure exerted by the belt turning the blower. Might not be necessary, but better safe than broken!!

Later,Norm

Norm,

Good point... I forgot to tell you about that...

The tensioner plate will mount on the front of the motor and will serve two purposes...

1. Be the mounting point for the tensioner pulley assembly

2. It will cradle the snout of the supercharger to eliminate the downward force on the nose of the blower.

I'll post a picture when it's complete.

The LSD that I recently purchased (was it from you?) is going in my 240z but the 280z that will be receiving the supercharged power plant already has an LSD.

Yeah, that was me. I was just curious since this post came out close. I'll be interested to hear how the supercharged car performs.

Just saw the link at ZC.C you posted.

Check out Lynn Burkholder's setup...

He is running the Electromotive setup for years on his Supercharged Z, anywhere from 12 to 17psi.

He has lots of experience with the setup.

Seeing your manifold, that gives me an idea for the 510 and that 80CID Blower I picked up last year... Far Easier conversion than what I'd seen in the past!

Lynn is in the Ontario ZCC up in Canada. I believe his contact information is on their Website.

Guest 2slo4u

Hey, SleeperZ: I'm doing the 300zx ecu swap into my 81zxturbo soon. I've got the parts and I believe the "85" turbo ecu should work now that I've replaced a couple of fried internal parts. Are there any special things I should look out for when doing the swap? I plan on using the new stock sized GP Sorensen injectors I already have. I've looked at two write ups on the swap and am trying to distinguish any differences in the two before actually doing the work.

Will I get instant hp increase with the swap? :D

Hopefully better driveability? :)

What did you do to get so much hp? :shock:

Thanks

81zxturbo rustybutrunning

Hey' date=' SleeperZ: I'm doing the 300zx ecu swap into my 81zxturbo soon. I've got the parts and I believe the "85" turbo ecu should work now that I've replaced a couple of fried internal parts. Are there any special things I should look out for when doing the swap? I plan on using the new stock sized GP Sorensen injectors I already have. I've looked at two write ups on the swap and am trying to distinguish any differences in the two before actually doing the work.

Will I get instant hp increase with the swap? :D

Hopefully better driveability? :)

What did you do to get so much hp? :shock:

Thanks

81zxturbo rustybutrunning[/quote']

I'd rather not hijack this post, but quickly, we've got a good writeup on the swap posted here. My swap was a while ago, and I didn't do a lot of documentation. I doubt you'll get much hp increase from just the swap alone. The driveability is improved - smoother, no hesitations, better altitude compensation. To get my performance level, just bigger injectors, open exhaust, hybrid turbo, intercooler, and 16psi boost. Stock engine.

Guest 2slo4u

Thanks SleeperZ for the response. Yeah, I realized I was kinda hijacking the post, but I was trying to catch you while you were still there.

:oops:

81zxturbo

95slowbaru impreza1.8