HybridZ

The BlueOvalZ shows its arss

blueovalz

I'm hoping I can show the back side of the car when needed (even with a little ol' 289) every now and then. Tonight I finally assembled all the rear end stuff. I clear-coated the aluminum rings around the exhaust outlets (which are SS), took a silver Sharpee (used to write on dark materials) and high-lighted the vanes on the rear vent because the flat black just didn't show there was anything inside the framework, and installed the rear pan. The vertical stripe sure makes the car look taller than it did in the monotone primer color (from the rear point of view)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

BTW, I truely appreciate all the very nice comments on the car. I hope this will drive some of you guys, on the verge of creating their own work of art, over the edge, to "just do it". Anyway enjoy the photos, and again thanks for the advice given during the past years on the directions I took leading up to this moment. Now to enjoy a couple of shows.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.. awsome man! And Im with tim.. I think the stripes would go nice through the tail light panel (which is also quite nice btw!) Some day when I have a proper shop to work in, I WILL do something like this.. for now, I'll have to live with my quick $200 paint job and *ahem* not so great body work.. Keep up the good work dude! :2thumbs:

Yeah Tim, I did consider this, but as I got further into the scheme, I felt it was better to break the line up by the panel. I was concerned that the line going through the panel (and the vent frame), though it's competition look would have been undeniable, would have given the car too much of a "toy" appearance, and I was looking to keep that characteristic toned down just a tiny bit (does that make any sense?)

ok im sure other people are thinking this, even some saying this, but... your car makes me sometimes want to give up Z's.

you built the MOST BADASS S30 Z ever.

ive never seen a Z that just looks cooler, meaner, faster, crazier, badder then your Z.

i could NEVER make any of my Z's look half as cool as yours.

and if i did, it would have to be done by somebody. and that right there makes your car even cooler!!! you built it, designed it, painted it and all, and that blows my mind!

man i wish one day i can do something like that, wow lost for words.

mike

Guest quadcamZ

That is beautiful. you and dan deffinatley show it can be done if you work at it no matter what it is.

I am tempted to get another project and start again on a long haul.

man i wish one day i can do something like that

You can! I started out knowing nothing about any of this stuff. My first car was a '72 Pinto, and I did a really lousy job with the touch-up paint. Put a Holley 390 on it and then wrecked it. Inspiration and persperation are 90% of the end result. You say, "I want to do.....", and then you do it. Never give up. Never give up!

terry i remember seeing your car on the OLD hybridz fourm. think to myself i have to get on of those cars.

your z is the car that us other z drivers dream of built.

(not to say that the other z'x on this site aren't nice.0

but terry damn. looks like the work have paid off many times over :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: