HybridZ

Top Gear C6

DatsunATX

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen it. Those guys are assholes.

Lets see.... He raves on and on about a shitty ass MG something rather with NO power steering, NO driving aids, etc.... for £70,000 yet trashes the new C6 which is a better car for £40,000.

And that race between the cars was crap. That C6 had a horrible launch and if we're going by numbers, the NSX is NOT faster than 12.7 1/4 mile.

They just hate anything from America (cept for the Ford GT) and put any piece of crap from the UK on a pedistol. (Like in the XKR/Carrera/645Ci vid) that stupid Jag is pretty, but its cramped and dated.

Guest Phailure

I dont know why they're knocking the suspension on the vette when it obviously can go around the twisties well enough. Also, I agree that the NSX is definitely not faster than the vette in a straight line. The NSX is a track car, not a drag car. IMHO, its nearly impossible to find a better overall sportscar than a vette for the price.

I dont know why they're knocking the suspension on the vette when it obviously can go around the twisties well enough. Also, I agree that the NSX is definitely not faster than the vette in a straight line. The NSX is a track car, not a drag car. IMHO, its nearly impossible to find a better overall sportscar than a vette for the price.

IMO BMW M3. I still question Chevy build quality, but thats JUST AN OPINION.

But C6 isn't shabby. If I were in the market for a car like this I'll wait until 2006. M3 S62 400hp (Current M5 V8 will be used).

Guest Phailure

While the m3 is nice, and I really like the m3, performance wise, I think the vette is on top. If i had 50k, I think I would buy the m3 anyway because I just like how it looks....

This brings back memories of BRITISH cars..... First car I bought was a 62 TR-3, Hell of a time starting it when the temp. outside was under 32 degs. F. and the side curtains in rain or snow.... :shock: . My first new car was a 76 TR-7 and the 2nd month I had it, it went to the dealer for a 2 week "find the LUCAS electrical problem" visit. I then wised up and purchased a new 79 RX-7.. :D Why oh Why didn't I keep it :?:

LARRY

One more LUCAS electrical story..... Do you remember the auto critics shock when JOHN DeLOREAN's sports car came out and he had their wiring in his state of the art car???/ How about JOHNNY CARSON (who had put some of his money in that venture) stuck inside one of those cars when the electrical went dead and he couldn't get out because the doors were electric only and he couldn't open them?? A crowd of people were seen laughing at him. :D

That's enough stories!!!!!! :lol:

LARRY

Isnt comparing the NSX, TRV, and 911 kind of unfair? All of those cars are not even close to what a Vette costs. A better comparison would be the Viper. You get what you pay for. The Vette is a very nice car for what you pay. If they want to compair US Vs. British then I say Viper Vs. whatever they want! :D:twisted:

Guy

Guest Phailure

their lame excuse was that all the cars are supposed to be equal in power levels... they actually werent comparing the value (cost vs. performance) of the cars.

i didnt see the video yet.. (downloading now at 19%)

but if the C6 lost to a NSX like im reading in this thread then those brits cant drive.

i cant count on my hand how many times i lost to a NSX in my dads C5 Z06.... thats cuz i never lost to one, i SPANKED every one i raced!

and the new C6 is only a TAD slower then the C5 Z06..

wheres tiff when you need him, thay boy can drive!

and he loved the Z06 in the video i saw with him in it!

ok just saw the video. man those guys just hate the USA huh..

sorry im not a big domestic car guy but im sorry that vette is made better then almost anything they have ever made.

and the reason why i say that is do some research on the stock C6 vette ecu, and how many hours and what kind of testing they did on it (AMAZING!!)

also that guy cant drive for crap!!!! he was like "look how i change a gear.. AHHH!" but when the real good driver was driving it around the track he made it seem fairly easy!

mike

Looks like it just takes someone who weighs more than 80 pounds to shift it. It's kind of comical how he complains about the harsh ride (It's a SPORTS CAR, idiot!), Plastic interior (As opposed to what, walnut? Go drive a Jag if you want walnut), and leaf spring suspension (Didn't seem to slow it down too much in the corners. Hmmmmm. Maybe it's best not to improve something that has been proven to work really well already (unless of course it's to put an american V8 into a datsun Z :D )) I had a little respect for that show prior to watching that, but my perspective has now been forever changed. Could they possibly be more irritating?

Mike

hihihi :D

You americans are SO easy to get pissed off. very funny.

ok maybe driving over that little rock was a bit over the top but come on, leaf springs :shock: . Don't get me wrong I like the corvette. It has a lot of road presence. Especially here in Holland. It turns heads. I can't say that about a 911.

tell me is a 911 something rare in the states???

hihihi :D

You americans are SO easy to get pissed off. very funny.

ok maybe driving over that little rock was a bit over the top but come on' date=' leaf springs :shock: . Don't get me wrong I like the corvette. It has a lot of road presence. Especially here in Holland. It turns heads. I can't say that about a 911.

tell me is a 911 something rare in the states???[/quote']

Well...to start with, it's leaf spring (singular) and it's a pretty neat system (composite fiberglass type material). Hardly the ancient system they made it out to be.....

Second: At least here in CA, 911s, Boxsters etc are more common than Vettes!!

Tim

......and put any piece of crap from the UK on a pedistol.

What's a "pedistol"?

Actually Top Gear are pretty hard on any car they don't like, including many from the UK. You'll often see a difference of opinion amongst the presenters too.

What you don't seem to understand is that Top Gear has gradually become more and more of a comedy entertainment show based around Clarkson's personality than anything else. They concentrate on making the show look good, and producing nice bite-size chunks that can be networked out around the world ( netting the production company a nice profit ) and turned into DVD and Video sales. They also want you to discuss it; it gives them free advertising. It's working isn't it?

What ( serious? ) motoring-related entertainment shows along the lines of Top Gear do you have in the USA? Does any USA-based show give serious critique to new cars, or are they too scared to offend their advertisers? I know there are serious motoring magazines in the US, but I have not heard of any TV.

Oh, and do you have any other good cars besides the Corvette?

I'm all ears...........

Oh' date=' and do you have any other good cars besides the Corvette?

I'm all ears...........[/quote']

viper

our F-bodys werent bad at all..

new GTO

our SRT-4 is a great FWD car

Cobra R was a awesome track car

new Cobra will spank alot of HIGH DOLLAR supercars

SVT focus is a great little handler

Ford GT... i dont even have to explain that one

Z06 C5 vette and the new C6 Z06 will smoke just about anything, and the engineering thats going into that car is amazing

lets not forget the trucks either.. like the SRT-10 and Lightning

new Caddy CTS-V

theres many more...

mike