HybridZ

My new LS1 project

It took me a year to find one, but I found a 93 RX7 tt in good shape for cheap. My plans are to put in a 2001 LS1/t56 trans in this car. I also want ac/ps I want for this to be a very nice car. Anyone out there looking for a complete 13btt/5-speed swap for a z or a 510?

I paid $3900 for the car.

body_018.jpg

body_019.jpg

body_020.jpg

That might be my favorite car body, were I not loyal to my Z's.... I was looking at doing the same thing, then decided to finish my Z first. 13bTT.... Hmmm That would be fun in a Z... do all the reliability fixes... eventually go single turbo.... would be a scary car, literally!

Tim what does Mas-moneybags mean?? I thought $3900 was good deal for this car. I bought it from a old guy that had the motor rebuilt 20,000 miles ago. He said that the car just stoped running when he was driving. I am going to try and get the stock motor up and running, so far the fuel pump does not turn on. This car had been sitting for 11/2 years.

Mike

very nice..

if and when i sell my Turbo II RX7 i plan on getting one of them, but maybe a SR20 or a CA18.

your gonna love that car.

also if you plan on selling the seats let me know.

mike

Nice score :2thumbs:

With patience and luck they can be had. Those engines are either going up in flames or being abused to death. They are expensive to have rebuilt and most just give up on them. The former owner of my RX7 picked one up for a bargain as a result of an engine fire. Ended up selling the burnt drivetrain for a nice sum. After we pulled it out and looked at the mess of wiring and plumbing buried deep under the manifolds, I can see why they go up in flames. What a terrible design, but what a gorgeous car. Too bad I have another "toy".

BTW, are you on the V8 RX7 board?

80LT1, I am going to start this swap in November or December. I have alot of work left on my 240z.

Scottie-GNZ---what RX7 forum? How is the Your RX7 going?

JustAFantaZ Why where you looking up the price of the RX7? Are you looking for a new project? I have always liked the 3rd gen rx7 body, do you remember the 93 RX7 that I use to race on military Dr in my 1st v8 280z back in late 1992?

I just droped off my 240z at the body shop, so that will give me some time to work on the RX7.

Mike

JustAFantaZ Why where you looking up the price of the RX7? Are you looking for a new project?
Hey, a guy can dream can't he? I was hoping to find something closer to the price you paid. I might just have to do a 2nd gen LS-1 instead. :P
I have always liked the 3rd gen rx7 body, do you remember the 93 RX7 that I use to race on military Dr in my 1st v8 280z back in late 1992?
Are you talking about that yellow one? The one owned by the kid whose family owned a body shop on the Northwest side? I remember that one. How'd the race go though? I don't recall that.