HybridZ

Will it never end!! Looking for project:Found a 2fer

Tim240z

Well...as some (or many) of you know...I've been looking for an Opel GT for years now, but they always seem to be getting very premium $$$, even the crappy ones!

Well, found one in the local classifieds for $600, so I called the guy. To make a very long story short, he has 2 of them, so I bought both for $1100.00

One is 4 speed, blue, all original with a distributor problem (I think it just needs new points), the other is yellow, auto, and also has an electrical problem (no power from ign. switch, easy fix!!). Both are in fine shape with just some cleanup and small amopunt of body attention....floors are PERFECT as far as I could see.

Pick them up tomorrow.....

One will get a turbo coupe 2.3L turbo and auto, the other I may keep and do something radical with it, or put it on Ebay and make a couple of grand on it.....

Will post some pics when I take some...

WEll that make 8 vehicles now!! :shock::D:shock::twisted:

Guest bastaad525

Thought you were gonna do a SR20DET swap? You lucky son of a.... GAWD I want one of those cars and you get two for barely a grand!!! The last one that was offered to me for $600 was a rusting hulk that had been sitting in some guys back yard for 6 years....

I WILL own one one day...

Guest bastaad525

you talking about the Ford turbo four cylinder? the one people always recommend scavenging 370 injectors out of? Arent those motors junk? They seem to have a bad rep....

Guest bastaad525

4G63 is pretty much the Mitsu equivalent of Nissans SR20DET. I agree, if you WERE gonna put the SR20 but figuring the cost will be up there, 4G63 will be similiar but since there's been a ton of 4G63 cars in the US, cost would be much less I would think, parts easier to find and such as well. That'd be an awesome GT.....

8 cars :shock: ? Where do you put all these cars ???

94 Z28 - Daily Driver (for now) = Driveway

73 Z (mongoose) = Garage

40 Chevy = Neighbor's Driveway (until house addition is complete)

2 x 72 Opel GTs = Neighbors bodyshop back lot

71 Chevy Truck = Street (have to move it every Tuesday (Street cleaning)

96 Volvo 850 = Wife's daily driver = Don't care, as long as it is not the driveway :twisted::D:roll:

Plan: Get the 2 Opels running. Convert one to new drivetrain (Turbo Coupe?)

Sell 1994 Z28 (Lt1-6 Speed)

Sell 40 Chevy (had an offer when I first bought it...turn a quick $2k)

Maybe I will make the second Opel a 1/4 miler or auto-Xer (?), or sell it on Ebay and turn a couple of grand....