HybridZ

So who put a Twin Turbo 350Z into a ditch?..... I DID!

Guest ON3GO

Holy Shat!!!

friend calls me up to meet him and a guy he knows with a red 350Z Convert 6-speed with a GReddy Twin Turbo kit and other goodies too like exhaust and etc.

he wanted to do a small photoshoot of old Z and new Z and i said sure.

so i meet up wit them, cool guy and we take some pics and we start to talking.

anyways he was talking about maybe doing a old Z as a project car so i said "heres the keys, go have fun and see if you like it"

few mins later he comes back with a smile on his face.

so now we start talking some more about his MKIV TT supra and MR2 turbo he still owns along with this TT 350Z. I also point out he has a exhaust leak right off the manifold, and he was happy i pointed it out.

so he goes "wanna drive it"

ok sure.. its not like everyday i drive such a nice and fast car so why not.

so top is down, and i go down this road that i NEVER drove before.

so he says take teh traction controll off and launch it.

i did, not bad.. hit 2nd.. pulls nice.. and end it there.

so im now in 3rd and he says "its great, theres no lag"

so i hammer it in 3rd and the rpms climb pretty fast.

(he was right, no lag)

and im going now 60-70mph when i see a stop sign up ahead... thing is the stop sign appered to be facing the other way for the crossing road.

so i keep my foot on the gas.

all of a sudden the HID's light up grass and a ditch!!!

F'en A!

put the clutch in, nail the brakes, put the car in 2nd, turn the wheel all the way to the right and pop the clutch out giving it some gas, and then put the clutch in and take it out of gear..

car slides right into the grassy ditch and best part.. it didnt stall out.

so now the owner in the passenger seat is freaken out, as am i but im keeping calm. but in my mind im say "im dead, i cant afford at all to fix this car, im so dead"

anyways he gets out and looks over the car abit and then starts to guide me out.

after a few trys the car is out of the ditch and we look it over.

NO DAMAGE!

none at all, even his 1000+K exhaust which sits low didnt have a scratch in it.

THANK YOU GOD!!

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

guy was still scared abit and took a hour or so to look over the entire car... i felt so bad!

but the guy was cool and nice about it, he said if he was driving the car would have been totaled and he thought my driving skills were awesome.

so thats my story and man o man im still shaking.

and cuz im nice i offered to pay for his dyno time at the up coming dyno meet here in houston.

but side note.. 350Z Greddy TT kit is pretty cool, cars makes such smooth power and its pretty quick.

man

mike

Ive got a similar story about lucky breaks

My little brother had a ne bodykit put on his CRX, we had just finished painting and and were taking it out to show some friends,i was driving. We live out in the country so theres alot of twistie backroads. So we are cruising along about 80 playing in some turns and as we come out onto a long straight what decides to walk accross the road but a rather large skunk. Now my lil bro saved up for months to afford his kit and theres no way i can stop intim to miss it ass i had been accelerating hard saince apex and we were running a lil over 80 wiht about 15 feet to stop. This car is so low that the skunk is going to total the new front end. CHase is screaming DONT HIT IT DONT HIT IT.This is a narrow 2 lane highway with a lil grass and barbwire fences on both sides so there wasnt a whole lot i could do. so i tried to swerve into the other lane bu tin the process of oing so i cut the rear wheels loose and i was still gonna hit the skunk. So i grabbed a lil ebrake an threw the car all the way sideway and hoped the skunk would go under the side of the car(no side skirts) so we are sliding sideways ant about 50 MPH and i see the skunk go underthe car and roll out of the other side. so i turn hard into the slide and gun it, pull the car back straight and thank god i didnt throw the car off into a fenc. needless to say i let chase drive the car home. the only damage that was suffered was 1 undercar neon(from the skunk(yeah hes a ricer)

but you were far luckier than i mike. But if i owned a TT 350z drop top, aint no way in hell id let your crazy ass drive it :twisted:

Guest freedomfighter

About 16 years ago, I was racing the Z I still own. It's a '73 so I had replaced the crappy carbs with Weber downdrafts and it had an E31 head and a custom Hooker exhaust, Allison electronic ignition (remember those), etc. Obviously mild mods, but not bad for a 16/17 year old kid. Needless to say, the car had a beautiful hum... I loved the sound! Late one night, around 2 in the morn... my best friend and I were flying down to Ensenada (Mexico) headin' for the clubs. We're doing about 100 mph... talkin all the way. I just can't put into words the feeling we had at that moment... it was pitch black... and silent accept for my Z. It was amazing. One of those moments forever emblazed in my memory. As we begin this wonderful right hand sweeping turn... I put my foot in it (110... 115... ) and turn to my buddy to comment on this moment. Before I could get three words out... his eyes get as huge as possible... :shock: he gasps for air like he's drowning... and then he screems! Yes... the "guy" actually screemed! Cool as ice, I turn to deal with the moment... only to find a perfectly normal road in front of me. Meanwhile, my passenger is still totally freaking out... making very little sense at all. He keeps looking back, screaming and yelling about a bunch of donkeys... I have no idea what the hell he's talking about... I drive on.

Well, come to find out, at about the moment we hit 120 mph... in the middle of a turn on a 2 lane highway in the middle of a 3rd world country... we FLEW right through the MIDDLE of a herd of donkeys! He still thinks, to this day, that we hit one. I never saw a thing... nothing. Since we were in a turn, that's pretty easy to understand. Eventually he convinced me to go back, but having had a Z fly through at 120... we didn't really expect any donkeys to still be hangin' out (accept for the one he insists that we hit). We looked the car over real good... not a scratch. I only wish I had been given the pleasure of seeing what my passenger saw... judging by his reaction, it must have been amazing! :shock:

nice story guys!

to be honest i saved the day i think, the owner of the car has a hurt right foot so no way he could have saved the car in time.

ive never once crashed a car, and i do consider myself a pretty good driver, even better in clutch sistuations (sp?)..

i thought it was so funny that he said "wow if that was me we would have been dead"

well feeling bad i said "if we were in my Z we would have been dead"

lol

but guys its now 5pm and i just woke up, i couldnt sleep all night lol.

mike