HybridZ

BiodDeisel Veggie Turbo 240Z on Ebay

pparaska

That is just plain awesome!!! I have always thought a deisel would be a great idea and that engine must be soo easy to install. Cool turbo with it too. Making bio diesel is easy too. Can you imaging 44 mpg on fuel you made that can cost you as little as 45 cents a gallon!! And since most Z's have exaust leaks into the cabin you would just smell french fries. Yum!!!

What do you all think??

There was a series (maybe still is?) for VW TDI's in Europe. I read that the diesels were kicking butt on the gas GTI's on road courses. :shock:

I don't think that Nissan diesel is of the same ilk as a Cummins or a Powerstroke or the TDI. I drove an '87 2L turbo diesel Toyota truck about 3 months ago. Anyone who has driven a smaller turbo diesel from the mid 80's is not going to be terribly excited about the potential power from one of these motors.

My friend who had the VW Rabbit truck that burned veggie oil is now working on building a new Toyota diesel engine with turbo and intercooler and a bunch of headwork. I looked at the ports on it when it was stock... UGH :ugg: They just weren't built for performance. I think that engine started as a forklift motor. My friend is ***hoping*** for 150 hp up from the stock 90 or so IIRC, and he's sunk a lot of money into it. Try buying parts for these things. :shock: Maybe this new motor might have 200+ ft/lbs of torque, but it's still not going to be "fast".

But hey, free fuel...

If you ask me, putting a DIESEL[/b'] in a 240z is sacrilege...

A kind of sacrilege but I don't really think so.. not all of us are filthy rich with money coming from all directions. Plus, there is nothing wrong personally using a different fuel for the vehicle, as long as the vehicle works. Imagine this in a decade or so, we wouldn't even be running petrol or gas, we could be running on hydrogen (if the supporters gets their heads right), solar, wind or something else..

If you ask me' date=' putting a [b']DIESEL[/b'] in a 240z is sacrilege...

A kind of sacrilege but I don't really think so.. not all of us are filthy rich with money coming from all directions. Plus, there is nothing wrong personally using a different fuel for the vehicle, as long as the vehicle works. Imagine this in a decade or so, we wouldn't even be running petrol or gas, we could be running on hydrogen (if the supporters gets their heads right), solar, wind or something else..

I don't think that Hydrogen vehicles will be feasible in our lifetimes. It takes more energy to create the hydrogen than the hydrogen produces...... :(:roll:

So you wouldn't react in a negative way if someone put a diesel engine in a Ferrari?

Just another fine example that would tick me off anyway... :roll:

I wasn't giving HybridZ any critique, I just think that sport cars, especially

classics like the 240z - should run on gas. Economy isn't something to blame.

If you can afford a 240z and a diesel conversion you might as well buy a

used diesel car instead. Besides, gas in the US is cheap. Move to Sweden

and you'll be complaining about fuel costs.

Either way. I think it's as silly idea to put a Porsche CGT V10 in a tractor

as a diesel in a 240z. It's just not right =)

So you wouldn't react in a negative way if someone put a diesel engine in a Ferrari?

I don't know. I'm not into Ferrari's.

I wasn't giving HybridZ any critique, I just think that sport cars, especially

There aren't any classic looking sports diesels in the US and both fuels are going up over the next 5 yrs. In fact, I don't know of one nice looking sports diesel. I could use a little economy in my life for a daily driver. My other cars aren't known for good economy.

If you can afford a 240z and a diesel conversion you might as well buy a used diesel car instead. Besides, gas in the US is cheap. Move to Sweden and you'll be complaining about fuel costs.

See above--no good looking diesel cars in the US. My car was $800, and the diesel motor was $125. My complete turbo motor with auto trans was $100. It wouldn't take that much more to meld either into the car. US gas should be cheap since we buy so much of it. The more you buy, the cheaper it should be.

as a diesel in a 240z. It's just not right =)

Not to me--I'm into big torque. See Pontiac signature.

• 3 weeks later...

Just another fine example that would tick me off anyway... :roll:

I wasn't giving HybridZ any critique' date=' I just think that sport cars, especially

If you can afford a 240z and a diesel conversion you might as well buy a

used diesel car instead. Besides, gas in the US is cheap. Move to Sweden

and you'll be complaining about fuel costs.

as a diesel in a 240z. It's just not right =)[/quote']

I can see where you are coming from. However, some people love the shape or the uniqueness of the car but cannot keep of the upkeep of the costs of such engines being fitted in. I heard various european countries have very high pricings on such fuel. Even for electricity as I heard from Germany, they rely on gas or something rather..

As with odd engine conversions, I have heard crazy tractor modifications being made, such as 5 engines on a drag tractors which was done in Denmark or something.