HybridZ

Selling everything!!!!

Poundz9oh9

Hey Guys, due to my recent misfortune of spending a ton of money on this car for nothing :fmad: .... I'm getting rid of it all. I dumped too much money on this thing to not have it running, and I'm throwing in the towel. I'd put it in the classifieds, but there's a ton of extra's that go with it. (forgive me mod's/Admin).

-71 240Z, No engine/ trans mounted, no major rust.. just a couple patched spots on the floor pans (bout the size of a quarter each), and a spot on the rear hatch deck.

-freshly prepped (for jtr conversion) and painted engine bay, trans tunnel and wheel wells

-a boat anchor (used to be sbc 350) attached to a "race prepped" 700R4

- Trans has brand new filter, Caprice Tailshaft housing w/seal, gearset (3.54 rear) and Lokar reverse switch installed on it

-totally complete JTR conversion kit w/manual (incl. aluminum radiator)

- (2) R200's (3.54) one in car and one out

- (2) sets of stock seats (both in decent condition)

- (1) set of dark blue honda prelude seats (adjustable from every direction)

- complete dual exhaust system with glasspacks and chrome tips

- block hugger headers

- Hei Distributer w/clear cap

- Edelbrock performer intake

- Edelbrock Carb (1406)

- Edelbrock Aluminum Water pump

- Brand new 100amp 1-wire chrome alternator

- old oldstyle 35 amp alternator

- Brand new 6 3/4" harmonic balancer

- Brand new 20% underdrive crank pulley

- Freshened up (3 angle valve job and new valve guides) Trickflow Twisted wedge aluminum heads (never ran since machine work)

- Edelbrock Chrome dress up kit (valve covers w/gaskets and air cleaner)

- Complete set of high performance spark plug wires

- 2 stock style Datsun radiators (1) 3-core (1) 4-core

- MSA V8 elec. fan

- (1) dual 12" pusher/puller fan setup w/adj. thermostatic switch

- Rare 16x8" ROH wheels

- Custom one of a kind hood (for a Z)

- Decent body work and paint (could use a fresh round at the body shop if your picky)

- All BRAND NEW Autometer Phantom Gauges, 5" tach and mechanical speedo, matching oil pressure, water temp, and volt meter

- 3 center consoles, 2 need some cleaning and 1 is near perfect

- (1) extra set of flawless door panels

- stock datsun auto shifter linkage

- B&M Shifter with cable (MegaShifter)

- 2 Trans coolers and lines (1) brand new "Be Cool"

- Brand new set of Bowtie Overdrives custom trans cooling lines for 700R4

- Brand new SBC Oil pan

- Brand new SBC high volume Oil pump

- Brand new SBC 1 piece oil pan gasket

- Brand new SBC non-bypass style oil adapter

- used SBC remote filter/oil cooler kit

- (3) brand new chrome alternator brackets and mounting bolts (couldn't decide which one I wanted to use)

- Brand new intake/header bolts

- Brand new header gasket set

- Complete heater/ AC ducting set

- MSA strut tower braces

- Complete urethane bushing kit installed

- Tokico Non-adjustable struts and springs

- Upgraded front sway bar

- Interior has brand new carpet kit in it and just needs a few minor things like scuff plates and stuff

- could use new weatherstripping

All this and a lot more misc. parts in about 5 milk crates

And thats all I can remember right now. I'll update as I think of or find more.

If you have a specific question about anything imparticular just ask and I'll try to answer it as soon as I can.

PM me with offers, serious inquiries only!!! I need this stuff gone by next week too!!

[edit] also includes

- brand new Carter electric fuel pump

- complete set of stock Datsun gauges

- Brand new full face dash cap

- Pantera rear hatch

- Stock Corvette lock-up torque converter (2,000 ss)

More.....

- (2) working used stock style (large) GM starters

- (1) Brand New Gear reduction starter for 168 tooth flexplate/flywheel

Oh man, this is one of the saddest posts I've seen in a while. Are you sure you want to bail on your project? At the very least, why not finish the car with some sort of tame (read cheap) engine from a wrecking yard and sell it as a completed conversion? 305's or TBI 350's can be had for basically pennies and you might get more that way. This has got to be a total downer for you. I'm sure everyone here is feeling your pain.

Don’t sell! Set the whole project aside for awhile; maybe a couple of months. Then return to it, once your nerves are rested. If you sell everything, under a burden of disgust and frustration, you’ll only come to regret the sale, since you’re guaranteed to lose money on the sale, AND will find yourself without a sports car to tinker with. Seller’s remorse can be worse than buyer’s remorse.

I would be interested in the following;

- Edelbrock Carb (1406)

- Edelbrock Aluminum Water pump

- Complete set of high performance spark plug wires

- Rare 16"(x ROH wheels

- Custom one of a kind hood (for a Z)

- All BRAND NEW Autometer Phantom Gauges, 5" tach and speedo, matching oil pressure, water temp, and volt meter

- 2 Trans coolers and lines (1) brand new "Be Cool"

- Brand new set of Bowtie Overdrives custom trans cooling lines for 700R4

- Brand new SBC non-bypass style oil adapter

- used SBC remote filter/oil cooler kit

- Brand new intake/header bolts

- Brand new header gasket set

Can you supply prices via email 280Zone@cox.net

Marcus, I know it really stings to get burnt on a deal. We've all had it happen at some point or another, and it makes you want to just say the hell with it and go in another direction.

BUT: If you get out of the project now, you're going to take a bath on it and it's going to be a bad memory for a long time. Set it aside, think things over, and when you get ready, start on it again. If you see it thru to completion, you'll have a unique, fast car that's a ball to drive, and the special satisfaction that comes from saying "I built it myself". V8 Zcars always draw a lot of attention and will outrun almost anything you see, so owning one is a really great experience that only a few people get to enjoy.

Finishing the project will turn it all into a big accomplishment that you can be proud of, despite a few bumps in the road. Bail on it and it will be a sore spot for a long time.

John

Thanks for the interest of the guys who want individual parts. I however, need to get rid of it all at once. I'm leaving for Gitmo next week and am losing my storage space, which is basically equal to a three car garage. I was doing the work at my parents house, and they may be moving before I get back, and their health isn't the best to leave a complete unfinished project for them to move as well. The only space I have available is the single car garage at my house, and I have to share that with the wife/dog/kid...... There's waaaay too much stuff to fit in this tiny spot.

As far as getting a JY motor......

I basically ran out of time. I needed to have this thing running and in one piece before I left , but due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to finish.

Basically, the whole situation left a bad taste in my mouth and I need to off-load.

The only space I have available is the single car garage at my house, and I have to share that with the wife/dog/kid...... There's waaaay too much stuff to fit in this tiny spot.

Make room to shove the car in there with as much car parts stuffed into the car. If you still need more room, rent a small storage space for the rest, that won't cost much. You don't want to sell it like this, you'll loose so much money! When your at Gitmo it will give you something to look forward too when you get back. Don't do it!!!

Guest 77vegasz

A few months from now you will kick yourself in the ass for doing this!!!!

I got burned a couple of times on my project as well. I bought a junk "rebuilt" trans, 500.00 and a set of heads for 300.00 that turned out to be slightly cracked. Plus I made a lot of costly "do it over again stupid" mistakes that pissed me off and cost money. I bit down hard and learned to buy new stuff unless you know the merchandise first hand.

Put it down for a couple of months until the itch hits again. You will be glad you did.

Jon

I'm like the other guys, hate to see you sell out. How long are you going to be deployed? See what it would cost to rent a storage bld. for your stuff till you get back. When I was in Vietnam one of the things I looked foward to was getting back to the world and being able to hit the road again.

Maybe we can get some of the guys to chip in to help you rent some space while you're gone.

Adios Amigo.

Thanks for the encouraging words guys. I've pretty much made up my mind on this....

Maybe I'll get enough to be able to pay off the credit card I went so far into debt with for this engine deal.

This wasn't the first setback on the swap, I was able to adapt and overcome the rest, but the financial loss on this last one was "the straw that broke the camels back' (or whatever the phrase is)

Maybe I'll get another Z down the road, just not anytime soon..

As far as this one goes though, the whole experience was ruined in my eyes.........

Dude. I feel for you on this one.. I did something similar a few years back with my V8 RX7 project.. TWICE!! Parted out, took a bath, decided to rebuild, got screwed again on some things.. bailed out and took a loss AGAIN!! I wish we lived closer.. I'd find you some space no prob to store ALL of that.. and more! Hmm.. if you've :twisted: mad(e) up your mind though.. how about this; If a bunch of members here get a list together of evrything they would colectivly want.. and it turns out that MOST of your stuff would get sold.. why not do that? Then you could just stick the car somewhere and have it to come back to.. whenever. Personally I might be interested in the dash cap, Autometer gueges, extra door panels...