HybridZ

Modern Motorsports vs. Arizona Z car?

Well you can get a set of 300ZX front hubs from Zbarn for $70 + Shipping, and you can Buy a set of stubaxles from Ross, drilled, and with studs for $250 (Doublecheck his website to confirm.) and then it boils down to a rear disc brake upgrade, and bearings. The other related cost would be in buying or renting a slide hammer, some bearing grease, and seals. Other than that... I'm not sure there is anything else hidden... I'd plan this upgrade in concert with a front and rear brake swap, just to get it all done at once.

Mike 8)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I'd budget $200 for grease, bearings and seals... There are four rear bearings and four front bearings, plus four seals total... I think VB sells them for about $46 for each rear axle (All three pieces) and the fronts run $24 per wheel for all three pieces...

Mike 8)

There is some debate as to which bearings to use. NTN are OK, Nissan are OK, and Timken are OK for racing use. I guess there are some cheapies that wear out quickly and should be avoided, but I don't know the brand names of those... :?

In doing some shopping for bearings, I called VB and they absolutely refused to tell me what kind of bearings they had, so I ended up buying them from a local bearing supply place.

The bearings I got were in Federal Mogul boxes and the bearings themselves were NTN and Koyo, and both of these are used by Nissan so they are good quality. They were about $95 per side.

On the fronts I ordered Timken and got some no name Spanish bearing and returned them for Timken, and they ran ~$45 per wheel. So thats more like $300 in bearings, with no grease the way I did it. :(