HybridZ

Z for sale (don't let this one get away)

RB26powered74zcar

I emailed him this:

>

>"has not been started for 5 yrs"... yet ... "I started it 4 yrs ago"

>"Master clutch cylinder is gone." "Stuck at 3,000 rpm's"... yet ... "Still driveable as is"

>"front fenders show obvious rust" and "front end smashed" .... yet "Very >solid body"

>

>

>???

>

He replied with this:

>>F*ck you, I am offering a 73 classic in obvious need of repair with >>weber carbs and rims that are worth 5x more than I am asking // Not >>to mention the strong, original motor with 90K .. I have been honest >>with the current condition, obviously you don't have a clue. If you're >>not interested, why did you bother to respond? Apparently a bullsh*t >>macho thing, please get a grip... The body is solid except for the >>above mentioned items, if you could read would make a great >>difference.... I have had 6 Z's (240,260,280,300) in the last 20 yrs and >>would give more than a couple hundred bucks for this one!! >>Remember, the orig 70-73 Z's are being bought back by investors and >>Nissan, re-vamped and sold for tens on thousands..... Yes is drivable >>and you're missing out, sorry... feret

I know I was being an ass.... but cmon, he's asking for it. :roll:

Anybody have a complete heap they wanna get rid of? looks like he'll pay $300+. :D

EDIT

5 minutes after posting the above message, he emails me again:

>Another idea??

> If you had a chance to buy a '73 240z with Weber carbs, solid engine, orig tranny, good interior parts, American Racing rims for $250 / would you??

>

>The answer is yet to be told....

>

>Let me know....

>

Hmmmm :roll:

You know, in all honesty, it is worth something.... It has many good parts I'm sure, and in fact, the whole car may be fixable. It's just he didn't do himself any favors by putting up a add with terrible pics, and a dumba$$ discription.... :roll:

I really shouldn't pick on people like that.... whip.gif

Guy's, I talked to him a bit more... he apologized, and accually edited his description on ebay..... The car DOES at least have a perfect dash, so you might want to check it out after all..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2497621704&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Im guessing a perfect dash to be had for $100 is worth it?

Guy's' date=' I talked to him a bit more... he apologized, and accually edited his description on ebay..... The car DOES at least have a perfect dash, so you might want to check it out after all..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2497621704&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Im guessing a perfect dash to be had for $100 is worth it?[/quote']

Did you happen to ask about the reserve... :shock:

Guest bastaad525

seems like he's hinting the reserve is $250 or so.

I dunno I looked at the pics as well, and his description is pretty bad, but the interior looks okay... hell it's got some of the trim pieces *I* need, and yeah and un-cracked dash... even if it's got 'cooked on' dirt... I think it's cheaper to have a dash reconditioned from that kind of condition, than to have any kind of crack repaired, if they can be repaired? No pics of the rims he's touting so much so who can say there. He does need better pics. I agree it has SOME value as a parts car... hell my '72 cost me $250, had been sitting in some guys garage for THIRTEEN years, the body was mostly okay minus a dented front fender and hood... the interior was pretty much non-existant... it did start and run with the original motor but didn't matter we ditched it immediately anyways. I dunno but I came away from that feeling like I had gotten a good deal.....

I guess $250 for a 'rolling chassis' is maybe a better deal than what this guy is selling, but I"ll tell you, that's ALL it was... EVERYTHING on that car needed to be replaced to make it driveable.