HybridZ

Can you predict my LS1 quarter mile time???

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get some BF Goodrich 235 R60 15 DR's on that car now. I have 215 R60 14 DR's. Stock LS1 4L60 E with a 3500 Rpm stall and ran a 12.014 114 MPH on a 1.80 60 ft. I think my car is 150 LB's heaver. My computor was shifting at 5200 RPM's. I think If I can set it to shift at 6200 RPM's and get a little better 60 ft I'll see 11.xx's. My best 60 ft time so for is 1.74. Try to to leave the line quite then stand on it and just shift. I'll say 12.95, 114 MPH till you start getting it hooked up off the line. 2thumbs.gif

Originally posted by Mudge:

12.91 with no posi, I haven't seen it yet but I suppose its possible smile.gif

Here's a thread on why IRS cars launch better than solid axle cars:

Thread

Now your homework is to go home and do a burn out, you should see two nice stripes.

You will then understand why IRS is better (until it breaks.)

Uhh, what I meant is driving two wheels at a time, not a single tire.

I haven't seen proof that IRS is better either though, the Vettes do well with it, but past the 9s they usually go solid for several reasons, rules for saftey being one of them.

Now I see what you mean, IRS 1WD versus solid 1WD. Interesting read, I'll have to go over it again. However still, for the amount of power in a Z a heavier car runs the same times often, which still throws me although I'm assuming its level of grip due to the light weight car (lacking grip).

Ok,

We got fogged out....the track was so wet that they closed the track again. And for all those that say get in to it at the start...just know the car will still not hold 2gear at 60 MPH.

I will go racing when the weather get good..

Originally posted by Oltmann:

Edit: disregard, I missed your edit.

I always thought "posi" was the GM way of saying clutch coupled LSD.

You don't need that to go 12s in a Z.

12.6@106 on "el-cheepo" 215 tires

Posi was a branded item, I think started in the 40s or maybe not until the 50s. However yes thats what I meant, 2 wheels being driven not one, but you said IRS versus solid axle which is not what I'm talking about, since that has nothing to do with how many wheels are being driven. That is what threw me.

Here is the answer:

12.077@119.066

with a 60ft of 1.849

I burned the wee out of the tires then launched soft and shifted soft. It hooked better than ever before!!!

Can you believe the power, I knew this was a good combo!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hail.gif2thumbs.gifrockon.gifhail.gif2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

Every time you fellow LS1 guys post, I start drooling and dream of the day when I finish my car. (Velo Rossa Spyder Kit with a 2001 LS1/T56.)

Cyrus, do you have any other mods? How is your exhaust set up, ported throttle body etc.?

My LS1 already has the LS6 style intake, good for a few ponies I guess. I have headers and a nice open exhaust. My car will have a fiberglass hood, fiberglass hard top etc. But, I have added about 100 lbs. of steel reinforcements to the body so. . .

Anyway, CONGRATS! You flew, not only at the track, but through your conversion. Awesome!