HybridZ

Loved and Lost

Guest thepheonix23

Guest thepheonix23

Hey guys, i wanted your opinion on something.

My ex just let me down hard. One of those breakups where everything is grey, major depression, head filled with shit etc etc.

I used to be a callous ******* to women in general. But i met this girl and it was as if there never were walls around my heart. If we wernt in love, i dont know what love is. I never intended to hurt her, but im struggling with the consequences of a string of nasty mistakes. I didn't cheat on her, but i broke her trust and wasn't there for her.

there were tigers crouched in jungles in her dark eyes.

-Cream

She was completely rude last time i saw her(I was giving her a gift) and she wont even let me get my stuff, wont call me or anything.

Point is, i want her back, and im willing to do just about anything. Guys, how do you melt the ice and bind what has been broken? Do you keep trying to show you care? How? What do i do? Do you have any advice?

You don't... You broke her trust... However, You should seriously ask yourself 2 questions:

Why would you want to be with someone who treats you so rude?

Why try to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you?

Move on, have a good cry, and find someone who loves you for you... and don't make the same mistakes again.

Mike

Guest thepheonix23

Im 19. I know already what you're going to say: you are young, sack up etc.

Basically, i told her i hadn't called other girls and she found out that i did. Among another things...i dont want really to come out and say it but think of the most life changing thing that could possibly happen between a young guy and a young girl. If you get my drift. And i really didnt handle that too well.

But Mikelly, the reason is on some level i feel like i deserve punishment.

And the other reason is that im clinging to the belief she was the one and that i'll never find that feeling again.

This is where the young, dumb and full of cum thing comes into play, im shure. Im being hard on myself for screwing up something that was near perfect, and i resent that she is still in my head. We were friends before; itd be a little consolation if it could be that way again.

I agree with Mike. At your stage in life, just chock it up to experience. Besides, why would a young guy like you want to get tied down so soon. Live a little, start a career, go to the gym, rebuild a Z car.........

P.S. Don't tell me....you got your ex pregnant! Time will heal all....been there done that a number of times (not the getting her pregnant thing)...you will survive.

You're 19 and already have an ex?

Sorry, I know I am being rather blunt, but now that you have an ex and a love sick heart, sounds like you need to get a life. Too many daytime TV shows in your young existence. At your age you should be figuring out what you want to do with your life and not trying to live out a country western song. As Jack Nicholson said, you ought to be out riding around in a convertible bird dogging beaver without a care in the world. Believe me, there will be plenty of time in your old age for misery and depression.

Just learn from the situation. Try to make things right with this girl. Not to get back with her, but just because it is the right thing to do. As Will Rogers said, good judgement comes from experience, most of which comes from bad judgement.

Guest thepheonix23

Yeah. No offence taken from the bluntness.

Life seems to be pointing that way.

The greatest fool of them all is one who refuses to learn from his mistakes.

The thing that i am greatful for is that the whole thing made me question my values and my identity. Depending on what the Army says about my criminal record, I'm either shipping out as a chopper greasemonkey or im hitting community college full time so i can get ASE certified.

The trick here is to not let the demons in my head destroy my master plan.

If i walk with singleness of purpose and peace of mind i think that i will be allright. It's just a difficult attitude to adopt sometimes. Thats my ego malfunctioning.

BLAH BLAH BLAH! 19 = do not settle down.

I think you should have to post a pic of your Z and your woman you are having problems with. Firstly to see if you have a Z, and are considered bretheren (Sp?). Secondly to see... well if you should just drop the whole thing and move on :)

Don't get me wrong, I know the guy's on this board can be very supportive when something distraughtfull happens in our lives but, I personally don't want to see ALL the relationship woes of all the youngsters. This is not SoapZ :)

Anyone with me on this, or am I just getting old?

Write her a letter and apologize for what you did. Also say that you accept her decision and you'll move on. Wish her well and ask that you still be friends.

Stay away from her for 6 months and see what happens. You'll most likely get over the pain and find someone else if you learn from your mistake. What might also happen is that you two see each other by accident 6 months from now. How you both feel then will really determine if its over.

Guest V8Datsun

My first real girlfriend (we shared the "most meaningful thing" for the first time for both of us, to use your words) still haunts me. I lost her in a stupid, immature spat and when I tried to get back with her she was pregnant by the guy she went out with in the hurt and confusion of our breakup. They got married and she disappeared from my life. I dream of her once in a while even now, and wake up dreadfully sad that the feelings I had for her were never matched by anyone else and the major part of my heart is with her yet. This happened 44 years ago; I was 19 then and I'm 63 now. Since then I've had two marriages, two families and God knows how many "meaningful" relationships. Now I'm single and okay with that, and Pat is still the deepest in my soul. She got divorced, then married someone else and moved to Seattle and I haven't talked with her in 43 years. If she walked into my office today I would be so beside myself I'd sound like a fool.

The point is, anyone's first real, adult relationship makes the deepest impression, and no one I've talked to has anything but fond, loving memories of their first love, tinged with sadness and melancholy that no relationship afterward had the sweetness and meaning of their first. Sorry, but that seems to be a pretty universal truth, and is one of those things you just have to learn to accomodate in your life.