HybridZ

What engine sounds the best?

Guest Anonymous

Ferrari 360 modena at the melbourne G.p.

They have a race series called the nations cup in Aussie. Mustang cobras, vipers, Ferraris, porsches, and lamborginis.

All the cars sounded great, except the porsches.

The vipers stood out as well. Those things shook the ground.

Douglas

Guest super280z

i remember that one Bill. stinkin hilarious i tell ya. :D

im really beginning to love the sound of the new LS1's. there's just nothing like an MTI solid roller 422...

Guest Anonymous

the 5 horse briggs that we took the governer off in high school shop lol ran it till it was spitting sparks. i agree with john about the f- 15's they sound awesome at full tilt. for cars though it would have to be the 427 cobra i had the chance to flag for at watkins glen the thing shook my flag stand when it was still pretty far down the track. thats one of many stories from my summer has a flagger.

I also agree with the f-15`s, We had some taking off all last weekend during the race weekend at Talledega.Four of them at a time would take off from the airport about 2 miles from my house.The angle that I am from the airport would send them directly over my house at about 2000ft.

It would shake the whole house :rockon:Aclose second would be the Poser 75 Pontiac Catalina that I had when I was 16,w/ a 400 2 barrel,Y pipe exhaust cut off befind the cat converter,And running about 40mph in low 1, 2thumbs.gif:D I suppose we`ve all been a poser at one time or another cheers.gif

best sound ever.....we had a GT40 at the shop i worked at...my boss would go out there whenever one of his buddies would stop by and fire the thing up...THE most amazing engine sound EVER. ive heard ferraris, M3s, lotus's, ETC and non of them compared.

I do agree about the 911s sounding like azz. i was at the american LeMans race at TMS...and those porsches sounded awfull everytime they race by....out off all the cars there...i would have t say the vipers sound good....but the vettes sounded great! (even though im not a big fan of either) in the pits though....the M3s rocked!

but on the high speed banking they just kinda wizzed by....

and as far as airplanes go....i live right under the aproach for RAFB...and hear those planes go in and out every day..all day....and the best ever was a flock of A-10 thunderbolts 990422-F-7910D-518.gif

wow! if youve never heard them.......OUCH!

or the old mustangs and rotarys at the EAA fly-in.

those were nice too tongue.gif