HybridZ

need help on floors

Guest New_2_z

Guest New_2_z

by that u mean just clean up and patch. i got a professional welder coming in that is doing this stuff for free. he works on cars and boats so im excited. i know what to do its just better to get someone else do the fun stuff. its good to know people. so i recomend other then working on a z go out and get a social life... i just playin.

I am with Tim. Buy yourself some 18 ga sheet. IIRC, 2 sheets 2'x5' or somewhere close to those dims will get you very close to coving both sides entirely. Sub Frame con's are a good idea no matter what you plan on doing to the car. You can do it all for less than 100 bucks + welding if you don't weld.

Wondering whether when replacing floors should you copy the pattern of the two 1.5 inch holes that are in the original floors, by the drivers heel, and passengers heel. I never knew what these are for and if the holes should be sealed from the outside with something like rubber grommets.

Ferd

Holes and subsequent rubber plugs are not required unless this is a stock restoration. Just remember to put the tranny cross member in before welding up the pans. The last thing you need is a tunnel that is too small for your driveshaft....