HybridZ

Another ls-1 swap lives!

I had the engine in the car for a while and finally got the fuel system plumbed. Dug the speartech modified wiring harness out from under the pile of parts in my basement and hooked everything up. Poured a gallon of gas in the fuel cell, primed it several times to get the air out of the lines and it cranked the first time! I've found most of my answers to my many questions here and wanted to say thanks to all the guys who have done this before me.

Also, Does the fuel pressure regulator need a vacume signal for a NA ls-1? I'm using the aeromotive regulator.

Thanks, Mark

Guest NXRPERFORMANCE
I sent my stock harness to them to be modified. Looks great and best of all, It works!

Z31 or Z32? Plus are you saying that you sent the stock wiring harness for your 300zx to these people and they made it where you could plug the ls-1 wiring harness into it?

Mark,

Congrats on getting it to fire up. When do we see some pics?

jonzer12,

I bought a custom harness from speartech and it looks great. They do excellent work.

I am interested in your experience with speartech and their harness. I was considering buying a complete engine tranny combo from them but it was too pricey, are you satisfied with the quality of the harness?

It's nice to hear about projects that are actually progressing. You notice I didn't say 'completed'. Mine's been a daily driver for 12 of the last 13 years, the last 18 months with the LS1 in it and it has never been completed. I may get one phase done but then there is always another. The only thing that has been consistent throughout is, that except for the engine conversion, it was never down for more than 5 weeks and generally not more than a few days. I'm a Z junkie and a few days without puts me into withdrawals. I think I've finally identified the source of the windshield leak. If I'm right then I should be starting on the interior and sound system upgrade in the next couple months. Anyone need a set of stock S30 seats that are covered in brown leather with black piping?

Man oh man... I just started my C5 Vette with LGM longtubes and hiflo cats and nothing else... The thing sounds SOOOO AWESOME... Got me jonse'ing to get this thing back on the road... Miss my meaty torque...

You guys with these things in the Z are truly ahead of the curb! If I could only sell my 383 stroker!

Mike

You guys with these things in the Z are truly ahead of the curb! If I could only sell my 383 stroker!

Mike

Sell it Mike! You might take a small loss but you will be much happier in the end. You already know how great the LS1 is. You Z would be great with one. Not to mention that I would love to have another LS1 Z car close by.

ANd not to mention the fact that I HAVE TWO LS1s!

Ugh... I don't know that I want to open that can of worms with the wife... JUst got done talking to her about seeing the light at the end of the Zcar tunnel...

Mike

ANd not to mention the fact that I HAVE TWO LS1s!

Ugh... I don't know that I want to open that can of worms with the wife... JUst got done talking to her about seeing the light at the end of the Zcar tunnel...

Mike

Oh Come on Mike. That's nothing that a dozen roses and an nice romantic dinner out won't take care of. I met your wife. She is really cool. She will dig the Z with the LS1. Just let her know that you need to bring the Z into the 21st century.

You can remind her of what my Mother-in Law told my wife about my cars.

"Men need toys. If they don't have toys, they have mistresses. You choose!"

My Mother-in Law is cool, too.

You boys are doing something wrong...

My wife is tickled to death that I'm IN the garage and NOT in some girl's bed.

No, I must admit that it has more to do with me not wanting to start over at this stage of the game. My 383 stroker will be 500+ hp and will have programable FI thanks to Holley... I'm close to a point where I can start re-assembling this thing, so I'm gonna press on without changing the motor out for now...

However, I WILL have an extra LS1 sitting on the engine stand, should something happen!

Mike

mike, i'm with u on the wife happy thing. she's content that my mistress is in the garage-my z of course! got the 01 trans am ws6 nearly stripped clean and parts sold off-now time to use that cash to purchase the swap parts. i see that jtr has the 1.75" sanderson headers that i can use, now i need to determine whether to; make my own mounts, use john's cars or see if jtr will be making them or perhaps [since i'm not a fabricator] i could persuade/bribe/pay one of my fellow hybridr's to fab me up a set of eng/tranny mounts. i'm also thinking about upgrading the gauges as well. i'm planning on september this year to pull the jcr blower/L28et powerplant and rolling out in spring 06 with 150+ extra hp to play with!

david