HybridZ

LS1 1-3/4" headers now available

The LS1 1-3/4" headers for the LS1 Z V8 are now available, and work with the John's Car LS1 V8 mounting kit.

Prices are :

$350 for the plain headers, part # DATZ-405P

$475 for the ceramic coated, part # DATZ-405C

Shipping weight is 16 lbs.

http://www.JTRPublishing.com

The website will not be updated for a while.

If you want to order by phone, call 925-462-3619, and ask for Greg.

If a woman answers the phone, it means the call was forwarded to an answering service, in which case, you can leave a message, or tell the lady at the answering service that you would like to order the headers, and she can take the ordering information.

Hey Dale!!

I believe they are the same as mine and MAS280'S. But at a much better price and made by the same company (SANDERSON). We paid 850.00. Right on Mike for your work. No mine do not have egr, smog pump or the o2 bungs. Go with the LS6 intake (no egr). Get rid of the smog pump and your o2 bungs will be in the header pipe. LS1 EDIT will let you deleat the unnesassary smog equipment and codes that you will throw. Unless..... Your doing a totally smog legal swap with evap and cats? Collector size? I don't remember 2 1/2 or 3 inch I believe. I'm sure Mike will answer this!

JOEY

The headers have no emissions fittings. They are not smog legal in California.

The outlets are 3", and the headers come with 3" to 2.5" angled reducers.

The headers do not come with O2 sensors fittings, but most muffler shops can install O2 fittings in the headpipes.

No offense to you Mike but doesnt it seem kind of silly to offer a header for a LS1 with out an O2 bung? Of course not every swap is exactly the same so placement of the o2 sensor could be slightly different for each car? Is that why its not already installed? :-)

Guy

O2 bungs are no problem for me, I was just wondering. I have to weld in another one anyway for the wideband. For what its worth O2 sensors are sensitive to moisture and should be angled to avoid condensation accumulation.

Emissions are of no concern here in Georgia on a 78'.

I got my order for the coated headers in a little bit ago and should have them next week.

Emissions are of no concern here in Georgia on a 78'.

Your car is still subject to federal regulations. You may be at a low risk of getting caught, but without the equipment you are still illegal.

Maryland requires a "saftey inspection" any time the car is sold. Part of the safety check looks for required emissions equipment. State laws can change without notice so you are not totally free from risk.

Might as well haul me off to jail now as I have been an offender for 30 years.

But I'll bet the LS1 runs alot cleaner than the L28 I took out of there. Anyway in 78 the 280Z had no smog pump, no converter. Just a vapor can and egr. I kept the vapor can, so I guess I'll put the egr pipe in to please the feds.

dale, when you stated that the o2 sensors should be angled to avoid moisture...which way? so that when i do get my headers and have the bungs welded in that i get it right the 1st time!?

thanks...don't know if i'd have ever attemted this swap without my hybrid!!!