HybridZ

240sx lsd in datsun r200?

PUSHER

I know i've asked like 17 lsd questions but humour me please. If I bought an lsd for a r200 on a 240sx, what would I have to do to get it to work in my r200 on my datsun? Will it just not physically fit? wont bolt up to gear? mix n match stuff? Stupid question, appreciate your time on an answer.

Install it, as it will work, and get on down the road. If you've never set-up a differential before, take it to a qualified mechanic....if not you may find that you will be spending more money than you originally intended. Again, R200 carriers will work in other R200s.

Pusher, The LSD carrier will fit into the R200 housing, but as J. Soileau mentioned, the number of splines is at question. Count the number of splines on your half shaft input (into diff) and find out if they will match the LSD carrier. If they have the same spline count, your in business. It's likely to be 29 splines.

They will fit, what Im not sure of is if they will work the the half shafts, as the others have said. I know for fact that 240sx users that have gone turbo use the 87 LSD in there case. So I dont see why it wouldnt fit.

Its just what axles will you need. I dont know if the CV's for teh 240sx are the same as the 280zx 300zx.

This has been beat to death. Use the search function and search for a "viscous lsd" I think you will find the what you want to know.

Don

The search function seams to only go back one month? Still the info is in there.

Try the search you suggested. 4-5 Threads return "viscous lsd", including this one. If this forum has lost that much data, maybe we should cover some of these things again.