HybridZ

My New Toy (well I got it for the wife)

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Just had to show it off a little.. I love it. It is so much fun to drive and yet it feels refined.

Had to borrow a photo of the model I got, I have not had a nice day to take any pics since Saturday. I hope this guy does not mind.. But he has a real nice car that happens to be just like ours.

Not sure how to post an image so here are the URL's

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=1138&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=1139&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Jeff

Looks awesome. I have loved those since they first came out. How is it really? A lot of room inside? Drive nice? Fast? How much are they stock and loaded? I should just go to the dealer and test drive for fun. Not in the market and it is american which I still don't care for (reliability issues). I know american cars are getting way better and all. Just can't drive them 200 plus thousand miles with no issues like those imports. But I do love the design. Just looks mean.

My uncle just bought a Magnum RT for a work vehicle, it really can hold a full size ladder, a bunch of tools and electrical equipment. I drove it and man it really does go, but it seems like the tranny is holding back, like the computer is programmed not to let you really open it up, nothing a reflash can't fix I'm sure. They are extremely quiet around town, but as soon as you get on it, the Hemi comes to life and sounds spectacular. They are deceptively big, you don't realize how much room is in them until you're sitting in it.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Yes they have a ton of room. It does not feel like you are driving a wagon because it uses a combination of a Short Long Arm and 5 link suspension. For a 2 ton car it moves out quite well. Yes they have a small and big 6 banger option but I would not reccomend that as I drove one and was not impressed. The Hemi has a nice sound and I hear both the Borla and Magnaflow sound good on it. Basani is also working on a kit for it which should be ready for release soon. I hear Kenny Bell is working on a Roots type blower for it already. I can't wait..

Thanks for posting the pic by the way, Tim was nice enough to put the post of how to post a pic as a reply but I still have not had a chance to try it.

I have been a german car guy for many years and have owned many Nissans as well, however My 01Jeep Wrangler has been great with no problems at all and I drive the crap outa it and It has 37" tires and a big Long Arm kit on it so I am sure I stress it more than most. But I do see your point, I has been a good truck anyway..

Jeff

Being that I am a tech at a Dodge dealership I have had the privlage of driving a HEMI Magnum aka RT. I love the looks of it just stock but I think if it had some nice chrome wheels it would look even better.

As for power, yeah its got a butt load but it does feel like the computer is limiting it which it is because they have torque management even with the traction control tuned off. I know with the 03' HEMI Rams it can be modified with out a computer edit but Dodge fixed that for the 04'+ Rams so I would imagine that is no longer an option and some computer editing will be needed.

The MDS(multiple displacement) HEMI's are pulling down low to mid 20's MPG, same as the 3.5L so dont buy the 3.5 thinking that you will save on gas cause you wont. Plus the 3.5L just isnt as fun to drive. Dont get me wrong the 3.5L is a great engine(very few problems with them) but the HEMI is a much better choice.

I also think there is a lot more room that it looks like from the outside. It looks like 4 adults could sit in it comfortably no problem.

Oh and my girlfriend also thinks that they look like a Hurse, which they kinda do! LOL

:-)

Guy

Guest Aguyandaredhead

I have had a buddy sitting in the back seat that is 6'2" to 6'3" and he has plenty of room..

I have heard rumors of the computer waking up after 150 clocked hrs on the car and mileage and HP/Torque getting better, someone mentioned it is a preprogramed break in period in the ECU. Can you confirm or deny this since you are a Tech for Dodge?

It kinda reminds me of the old Nomads from Chevy back in the muscle car days.. I don't know but I bet it would be perfect for haulin body's. There is really a ton of room..

Windows got tinted on the drivers and pass door today so Next on the list is exhaust, I think i will wait till Basani finishes thier kit them compare Magnaflow, Borla and Basani..

Jeff

Let me put it this way....... I havent heard that and no one at my shop has heard that. Including our lead tech, who is one of Chyrslers best technicans(Im not kidding on this, Chyrsler actually calls him sometimes to see if he has figured out problems with vehicles that have become common but unsolved). So I would have to say no there is no break in period but I cant say that with a 100% guarantee.

I will say this, that engine is just begging for a supercharger! There's plenty of room under the hood!:twisted:

Guy

Actually the Ram trucks are going to have an optional 6 speed tranny behind them this year. So That should bolt right up the HEMI in your car. However it will require some serious mods. There are a ton computers on board and Im sure some serious programming will be needed so that all the modules dont go nuts thinking its supposed to have a AUTO and not the manual. Not to mention you'll have to cut up the nice interior. I havent heard of the Magnums coming with a manual tranny but Im sure the Chargers will. And the Charger will have the optional SRT-8 package too! 425HP 6.1L HEMI!!!!!!! Whoooooooooooo Baby!

Guy