HybridZ

Infinity Machining Motor Mount Info

Zhadman

I have spoken with Rick Wong (Infinity Machining) and he has informed me that he plans to continue making these mounts. There was, at one time, some question as to whether or not they were still going to be made available. They are. Due to material costs Rick machines them in groups of 4-5.

Several members have PM'd me asking how to contact Infinity Machining. I will include the E-mail address below.

I'm not associated with Infinity Machining in any way I just want to provide the information for those who are interested in these mounts.

Please direct your questions to:

infinitymachining@shaw.ca

9dd_Picture.jpg

Edit: Probably should have posted this in the RB links sticky. Do we have any moderators specifically for this sub-forum? If someone can show me how to move this I gladly will.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JAMIE T

I will add that these mounts are designed to use '87ish Toyota Supra turbo engine (motor mounts) isolators. I bought mine from the dealer. I think they were about $75 each.

I am using these mounts on my car. In case anyone is interested, I am having a driveshaft made from a local shop to fit the setup with these mounts with the rb25 5 spd tranny. The shaft will be made of steel (I'm sure they would do aluminum for a little more), is 22.75" long from the center of the front joint to the base of the rear end flange, and uses the spicer 1310 u-joints. I should have mine Wednesday. If anyone wants to know how mine turns out or is interested in purchasing one let me know. They are supposed to be saving the part #'s and dimensions in case someone else wants one. Oh yeah, price will be around $300 with shipping.

JT

You're right. Rick has stated that they are from the 1986-87 Toyota Surpa Turbo. I know the later models (90+) had liquid filled mounts and I'm not sure if these can be used.

Okay so wait, I'll need the mounts shown above and also 86-87 Turbo Supra isolators or motor mounts? (or are those the same?)

Okay so wait, I'll need the mounts shown above and also 86-87 Turbo Supra isolators or motor mounts? (or are those the same?)

Correct. The mounts shown in the picture above are the Infinity Machining units. You will also need to buy the Supra isolators (or mounts... however you want to say it). The infinity mounts bolt to the block and the Supra mounts bolt to the crossmember. You then bolt the engine/mounts to the crossmember/mounts. Cool?

I hope I'm not being too confusing... its 4am.

• 10 months later...
I know that someone posted some different insulators that can be used' date=' instead of the expensive Supra mounts. I think is was under $10 each, but I can seem to find the thread it was posted on. Anyone know what they where?

Thanks[/quote']

Here ya go Ed... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103170

How much are they approx? Every time these mounts are mentioned i never see any price...

J Taylor: Should the driveshaft work with an rb26 as well? Do you have a short nose diff?

The RB26 driveshaft is the 3 bolt style driveshaft and is way long. If you are using the RB25 transmission, you're most likely still going to have one made.

I just got one made and it's a fine piece! I'll post the pictures of my driveshaft in a new thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i know this is an old thread. but i'm just in the middle of finding some of these "cheap" engine isolators. i found them on partsamerica, but they don't want to send them all the way over to me in New Zealand!! :eek: My local parts places can't seem to find any available here (even for all the different vehicles these mounts fit!):banghead:. any ideas guys? i'm happy as to buy them via ebay if one of you is keen to sell me some! otherwise its gonna be $80 a side for the supra mounts which are a bit high for my install. Its an rb25det, using stock r31 rb20det cast steel mounts.

Thanks.