HybridZ

Got el cheapo intercooler

auxilary

NP450c.jpg

Got one of these off ebay, cost me 192 shipped. Won the auction at 162. The unit is 17.5 x 11.75 x 3" core, end to end about 24-25". Inlet/outlet at 3" wide, and it's bar and plate. Seems a tad heavy at about 18-19 lbs, but it's not exactly small. It's not not baby-butt smooth on the inside, but it's not rough casting either. I'll post better pics that I'll take of it when I get home. I'll also mock mount it this weekend and take pictures too

I found out why these knock off ICs are so cheap: asian manufacturers buy bulk cores for turbo diesel trucks, cut'em up and weld tanks on them. Probably costs 30-40 bucks to manufacture said intercooler.

This is the place I bought it from:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhiprollc

http://www.hiprollc.com/

Guest bastaad525

friggin perfectly sized too.... VERY nice deal. Looks just like the Trust one I found for free at my job but smaller... which is good because mine the length was a bit too long making it a little more of a pain to install than it shoulda been. Real nice for $200 though I hope it works as good as it looks.

Guest bastaad525

I didn't have the heart to cut into the radiator support, so my 90* bend silicone couplers are kinda squeezed thru there... probably not the best for airflow.

hahaha ...hey a bucket is a bucket :P and as long as its IN the garage...im sure ill find it hahahaah

im gonna run my pipe on the sides and gonna have to cut away some headlight bracket...if you know where im thinking off....where the stock aircleaner went trough....

im gonna run my pipe on the sides and gonna have to cut away some headlight bracket...if you know where im thinking off....where the stock aircleaner went trough....

Thats what I had to do to run both the intercooler pipes and the intake thru the same side.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry if this is kinda late but i just bought (havent recieved yet) a intercooler that seemed like a steal!!!!!!

Measures 12X24X4 , it has endtanks on it that will require little or no mods to fit the Z and i got it for a grand total of 330 BUX US shipped to my door here in alaska. it popped up on ebay doing a search using datsun as the key word. i have pics but im at work now i will post them later. its a bar and plate design and should be good fro 800HP easy. Buy it now was 265 plus 60 bux to ship to AK via fed ex. you guys should check it out. i dont think you can beat a completely assembled intercooler of that size for 300 bux. but i dont have it yet so we will see :icon11: