HybridZ

Any other complete "road race" assemblies out there?

Hey Guys,

Since Uncle Sam finally returned that loan I gave him all last year, It is burning a hole in my pocket! I am looking at the Arizona "complete" front road race assembly... I am also looking at Modern motorsports stuff... Are there any other ones to look at?... Is it just mo-betta to build them up myself?... pros and cons to the Arizona Complete kit?

Myron

AZC is working on a different/new set up too.

Hey Guys' date='

Since Uncle Sam finally returned that loan I gave him all last year, It is burning a hole in my pocket! I am looking at the Arizona "complete" front road race assembly... I am also looking at Modern motorsports stuff... Are there any other ones to look at?... Is it just mo-betta to build them up myself?... pros and cons to the Arizona Complete kit?

Myron[/quote']

It uses the same threaded strut body as the 240SX kit [url=http://www.arizonazcar.com/240sxbrakes.html]http://www.arizonazcar.com/240sxbrakes.html[/url']. They have 15 way adjustability. You cut the Z strut tube and use a threaded sleeve that is welded on the Z strut tube.

Do you know if they will come with the camber plates like the ones in your link? They are pretty sweet!!

The camber plates would likely be the same as the ones he's got for the Z right now. I'm curious to find out how good the struts are, what spring rates they can handle, etc. I know we get 240SX drifter guys saying they want 500 or 600 in/lb springs all the time, so the struts might be of that variety.

Do you know if they will come with the camber plates like the ones in your link? They are pretty sweet!!

They will for the complete kit. I rode in his S13 with the suspension and his Z32. The Z was set on 7, don't know about the SX. There was plenty of dampening, The Z32 felt a little softer that a Z32 turbo with the factory stuff set on sport which is pretty firm but not to much for a DD, can't say what the higher settings are like though. A friend is in the process of putting it on his 240Z. He still has to finnish the 7M swap though before it is drivable, maybe 3 weeks, he has until the West Coast Nationals. I'll most pics once he gets it on.

• 2 weeks later...
They will for the complete kit. I rode in his S13 with the suspension and his Z32. The Z was set on 7, don't know about the SX. There was plenty of dampening, The Z32 felt a little softer that a Z32 turbo with the factory stuff set on sport which is pretty firm but not to much for a DD, can't say what the higher settings are like though. A friend is in the process of putting it on his 240Z. He still has to finnish the 7M swap though before it is drivable, maybe 3 weeks, he has until the West Coast Nationals. I'll most pics once he gets it on.

Are you guys going to be having any specials at the West Coast Nationals? If so I might have to bring the check book. :-)

I'm not an employee, just a friend but AZC won't have a display as it isn't open to all vendors. AZC is just bringing a 350Z with a Wilwood brake kit on it. My friend "should" have his 7M 240 car together by then, hopefully. Should have the sleeves for the coil-overs ready in a week.