HybridZ

Well desided on a paint color and theme..

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

BMW Steel Gray

WRX Black hood and top of fenders... like the old 240z rally car..

light blue stripe that outlines the black from the gun-metal color.

will sport a 3 peice molded spoiler, and a few other little things that will make it look pretty sharp.

please dont make fun of teh chop.. its the fastest one i ever did and i just wanted to show ya what i ment..

510-zsssawqe_copy.jpg

mike

I like the overall idea. The only change I would make is the blue strip, I would look at red/orange instead, or a darker shade of the steel gray.

Just a thought, otherwise I like the black hood look (read, not carbon fiber look).

Joshua

Guest ON3GO

reason for the blue is because it matches the colors of the shop i work for.. and we have a few cars we are doing in the same colors.. so im trying to make them all look the same but not.,.

mike

I'm with Joshua here. Loose the blue stripe, it looks out of place. If you need to, use some pinstripe material and do it yourself after it's painted. If you like it keep it, if not, peel it off.

Hmmm, with the black hood and gun metal color, you will have something almost identical to my Z when I paint it.

!M!

if i loose the blue strip im gonna add the nismo blue/white/silver stripes on the side of the car..

The third color, whether as a pin strip or the BRE racing stripes, will make the whole paint scheme "pop." I would use a brighter blue then a light blue. In fact, the color of your blue on the car now looks good. Again, I think it makes the thing "pop," but that's IMO.

BTW, I like the scheme you chose---it rocks.

Davy

we are going with the stock color and now shooting black on part of the car, but not all the way over the top of fenders as your picture. the black hood we just shot with color a few days ago. maybe the headlight buckets might look good shot black also? we have the headlight tinted covers on a shelf somewhere and talked about shooting just those black also for daytime running.

hoodblack.JPG

Guest ON3GO

849_p58198.jpg

thats what its gonna look like now.. its final too.. ordered the paint and etc etc etc..

i pulled the motor and everything else.. taking apart the motor and doing a few things to it also.

mike

Guest iskone

I'm not down with the newest scheme. I think if your gonna paint that much of the buckets and fenders blue then the whole roof and hatch should be the same color.

Isk

I'm just wondering how it would look with the blue running down the scoops, along the fender tops (as you have it now,) then running along the tops of the doors instead of the roof. It might disect the car a little more cleanly, as would painting the airdam grey.