HybridZ

G nose NISSAN parts

COZY Z COLE

The nose came with a parts car that I purchased. I've looked it over fairly closely and don't see any identifying marks. I'll be taking/posting pics of it tomorrow.

The hinges and covers are both Nissan parts and were there as well.

Bryan

Dat240zg

• 5 months later...

Guys:

Sorry to say, but the covers were sold a good while back. I was just fortunate enough to get them in a parts car deal and the owner's wife didn't care about making money - total spent on the parts car $300. This time I was able to recoup my "investment" several times over.

There were several people that had mentioned using mine to make copies, but it didn't seam like people were serious, so I put 'em on ebay and they got snapped up quick.

Sorry!

Bryan

Dat240zg

AK-Z:

The covers were made of some type of clear plastic. Not certain what it was. Mine were actually still sealed in the Nissan factory box and the boxes were filled with a brown tissue paper, so no scratches!

The chrome trim rings actually came with a black electrical-type tape covering to protect the chrome as well.

Pretty cool.

Bryan

AK-Z:

The covers were made of some type of clear plastic. Not certain what it was. Mine were actually still sealed in the Nissan factory box and the boxes were filled with a brown tissue paper' date=' so no scratches!

The chrome trim rings actually came with a black electrical-type tape covering to protect the chrome as well.

Pretty cool.

Bryan[/quote']

Yep that is how mine came from Japan, the chrome bits look to be Stainless Steel to me like some of other chrome trim on the Zeds. When I opened the box and spotted the black electrical-type tape I thought thats not right...then I noticed it was protective tape...also the clear plastic also had/has a clear cover over the cover (if that makes sense)

I have a local sheetmetal worker look at how difficult it would be to replicate the SS trim. Once I know he can do this I will visit a local light cover manufacture and see if they can replicate the plastic covers. I will post info here once I know I can replicate the covers + trim. Please beer with me as the sheetmetal worker is going to look at this job as a favour and I did say speed is not an issue, so it might be a few months before I know anything.

Well after 1 month I spoke to the sheet metal worker looking to replicate the Stainless Steel trim of the original Z-G light covers. (He even passed them on to another guy who had more experience working with Stainless Steel and tool making). Result = not good. It would be too costly to create the tooling to create the trim/curves/folds out of the original material (stainless steel - he stated something about a 20ton press etc). So now I will take the clear covers to a local headlight cover manufacture to see if I can replicate the cover at least. Will then see if the trim could be made out of different material ie steel (easier to work with) and then get it chromed.

Sorry about that guys - I will keep trying.

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates on this?

The trim rings could even be made out of fiberglass or carbon fiber... PPG makes a new paint that looks exactly like chrome so the factory look could be retained...

If the headlight covers could be easily made, I could probably make some fiberglass replica's of the trim rings fairly easily...

Ken