HybridZ

Big break kit for 72?

Big break kit for 72?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a Rotra or Bembo kit? since i put that 350 engine in i feel like a **** brick trying to stop, its frustrating.

What's a break kit?

Is that like "Bembo, don't drop that bottle of Mad Dog, it will break kit, and i will rotra your head"?

John

I got the AZC "big brake" kit for my 240z. It's a bit pricey, but you're getting top notch stuff and you can take it right out of the box and bolt it on your Z. No need to get any additional parts. I HIGHLY recommend this kit! Plus you can get the 5 lug version like I did and now you have great brakes and the strength of 5 lug!

8455DSCF0009.JPG

8455AZC_MML.JPG

http://arizonazcar.com

Thanks for the post Jaime240z ,

I sell a preium quality kit as complete as it can be, you get what you pay for

here's an e-mail I got recently from a guy who tried to save money buying a kit on e-bay from mr. X

"Hi Dave,

I was a fool and bought a pair of supposed “bolt up†superlite 4 piston calipers and 1.25’ rotors off ebay (I am dumb). I had to drill out the mounting points to get then to bolt up and add long wheel studs. I did all that and got them to fit but the stock 280z brake lines just wouldn’t get a seal. I figured this is because they are not the correct type because the leak is not in the threads. If you could give me any information on why they wouldn’t seal or what type of lines I need to get and were or if you could make me a nice pair of stainless steel lines for the front I would buy them A.S.A.P. I really wish I would have bought your kit in the first place but now I am stuck and just want to get my Z off the stands and back on the road because I seem to spend more time working on it than I do driving it. Any help in shortening my cars down time would be greatly appreciated and if you could make me a nice set of stainless lines give me a price with your response and we can do business.

Thanks, Brandon "

Ruined calipers, brackets that dont fit, braklines that will never work, garbage hardware, all to save $150 !

Dave

I Have a brand new brake setup from Ross at MML that I'm selling cheap (Compared to new!) and it uses OFF the SHELF PBR calipers... The whole setup, including new aluminum hubs with quality bearings already greased and loaded normally runs $1299 plus shipping from Canada... I've got the two piece rotors, already installed on the hubs for $700 plus shipping, and can get the brackets to mount the calipers for an additional $50, and can send you a link to the vendor for the calipers (With pads) for $200! This is a SMOKING deal on this setup and saves you about $300 over new... These were installed on Jim's car and then pulled off because of an issue with the backspacing on the custom CCW wheels... it was cheaper to replace the hubs than have custom wheels remade.

Let me know, as they are sitting here and ready to ship out.

Mike

GO BRITISH :-)

AP Racing brakes are excellent - they need modding to fit because they do not do car specific calipers' date=' their range is designed to be custom fitted but they are the world's number one without doubt closely followed by Brembo.

[/quote']

Feisty words o'fellow Brit. Yes AP Racing brakes are fantastic but their price tragically reflects that.

On the subject of Brembo though I'm working up a front set using 4 pot Brembos from a FIAT Coupe 20V Turbo, also fitted to Alfa GTV 3.0V6 cars. They use a 305x28mm vented disc that I'm fitting to 260Z hubs. Just need to do some final machining on the adapters to get the correct spacing and they'll be sorted. Got the calipers for £120 of Ebay, discs were £150+VAT new for grooved, rest of the bits probably come to another £150. All in all for our lucky US based buddies the AZcars Wilwood set up or Modern Motorsports would work out similarly priced however to adding in the shipping and custom duties to get a set sent to the UK makes them slightly less desirable to me. Also it's been pretty fun designing my own custom set up!

A rough idea of my adapter can be seen here:

http://www.zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3445

Final piece is in 1/2" steel rather than plywood ;)

Cheers,

Rob