HybridZ

I ordered a ricer wing yesterday

auxilary

their wings on sale for a crazy $10 each. It might be a website mess up but I do have my orders confirmed. They are out of stock right now several people were buying up to 80 at a time. They were even offering free shipping!

Uh, Unfortunately I'm serious about one. And I'll pay Alex' markup, rather than give it to some tool I don't Know... At least I know this tool! :lmao:

The reason being why I may have to go with something of that nature is that my car may actually require a larger pedistal mount wing... Remember, I'm talking about driving my car to its potential on a road course. At least one street legal car at VIR has been seeing speeds of 170 mph on the long, back straight... I think that qualifies for additional downforce and may require a big ricer wing or BRW from here forward... Can't even bring myself to say it in text :shock: !

So, yea, I may need one of these BRWs, so Let me know Alex... I've actually started mocking up the bodywork on my car, because it will likely go out for paint soon... Shooting for July.

Mike

Just reinforce the hatch before you install it Mike. If it actually has a shape capable of producing a good amount of downforce it will flex the hatch and cavitate at high speed, basically doing nothing but ripping the hatch apart in the process. You might even want to mount it to the body on either side of the hatch, especially if you have a fiberglass hatch. The mount NEEDS TO BE STURDY!!!

2 stories:

1. My old boss had a 911 with the whale tail and the relatively common in PCA/POC gigantic-carbon-fiber-banana-looking-wing that sat on pedestals near the roof line. The wing was $5000 or something stupid like that, but the pedestals it came with were maybe 2 feet tall and 1/8" aluminum. Looked pretty badass on the car, but he got some video of the car going down the straight and the wing was blurry because it was cavitating so much. You couldn't see any damage where the aluminum was flexing either, and it felt pretty sturdy if you just tried to shake it back and forth.

I've also seen this cavitation quite a few times on ricer wings that are mounted to a trunk lid. If you're ever looking at a riced out car that surprisingly DOESN'T have a wing, check the trunk lid. If there are a bunch of really stretched out holes the wing was cavitating and basically tearing the trunk lid apart.

2. Last time I watched the American Iron Series of races at the track (about 3 years ago now) the car in the lead was a Mustang with the trunk lid (notchback???) with a GIGANTIC ricer wing on it. I mentioned it to my friends who run the Maximum Motorsports Mustang, and there was some grumbling about it but they agreed he was fast.

If I could strap a dead chicken on the hood and go faster I'd have a dead chicken on my hood...

:lmao: "Dead chicken on my hood" :lmao:

:shock: Me too! :shock:

I had some issue with the whaletail I had, as it was producing some serious downforce on the rear hatch, so I know what you are saying is true!

Mike :cool: