HybridZ

Check this 240Z out!!!! :) It's really something

pjo046

That yellow Z was if I am not mistaken built in the early 80s and was originally Porsche Prussian blue - how do I know this ? It was the model for my own Z..... however.....

I have since changed my mind on how I want my Z to look and am considering selling the wheel arches. They are absolutely brand new, steel, and have never been on a car. They are identical to the ones on the yellow car (Porsche 930 front and rear)

For anyone in the states it would be cheaper to source them locally because of the exchange rate (great for us though). The arches were about $1200 (£624 using rough guess conversion to $)

As far as I can recall from the details I have it has had the gutters taken off, has a custom front spoiler with oil coolers fitted on the inside, custom rear valance and the rear spoiler is from a ZXR

He names Thomas in his text but I cannot understand the language - if he built it then great ! It is a beautiful car but if he did then it has definitely been copied off the original.

I have a pic of the original but cannot find where to attach it here.

The blue one has round lights, the yellow one has original lights so they may not be the same car, most likely not but they have obviously not been done independently -

Both in Scandinavia, both with 930 arches, both with the same side vents in the front wings, both with a ZXR style spoiler .........etc

Yeah, they look a bit alike. But if you look closer, you'll see that the yellow one has much wider rear wheel arches. They are custom built by the owner, buy chopping up a pair of 911 Turbo arches into 8 pieces, and weld it together to fit smooth on the 240Z chassis.

http://www.grombil.com/Grombiler/Racing/Biler/TRS_z240/DSCF0057.jpg

That other one you showed pictures of had about as wide arches in front as in the rear. The yellow one has twice the width rear.

As for the front spoiler/airdam, only the yellow one has a custom one. A complete custom airdam made by a norwegian named Jan Krakevik. The blue one only has a kaminari airdam that MSA sells, and a painted stock bumper. You'll notice the yellow one has no bumper. Furthermore, the yellow one has stock rear lights and front lights, the other has covers over the front lights, and custom rear lights. It also has hood vents, which the yellow has not.

But they do have some things in common of course. (The rear spoiler and wing, the front fenders, and the side mirrors)

I personally like the one you linked better, the yellow one is far too wide at the rear for my taste. It's out of proportions!!

http://www.grombil.com/Grombiler/Racing/Biler/TRS_z240/DSCF0065.jpg

I can see the differences now you point them out - he has obviously copied the blue one which was done in the early 80s again with porsche turbo wheel arches (930) and I agree with you, the blue one looks more elegant.

Different cars they may be but there is inspiration to the point of plagiarism going on :-)