HybridZ

Why go RB26 (under 500hp) opposed to rb25

violacleff

yeah but you know what. I like the quest of searching for parts and buying overseas. It's a learning process that I enjoy seeing unfold through experience.

yeah it costs more, but it's only an issue for those without a proper budget, or those who care. LOL.

<-- and as far as my screen name goes... :?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to be circuit racing, the 26 is more responsive and has smoother power delivery with it's IRTB's, solid high-lift cams, and was made to do exactly this type of racing. Just putting IRTB's on the 25 could make up the $2,000 difference.

Seriously, though, If my goal was 500hp and the deciding factor was cost, I would stick with the L. I saw a bunch of old-school L's with carbureted-turbo engines and sub injectors put a hurtin' on some really powerfull RB's today... Then I had a Turbo400 come apart in the burnout-box. Bell housing actually broke off... Not a good day.

• 4 months later...

I'm glad somebody mentioned the ITB's in the RB26. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to say it. I'm not sure I understand why some people feel the need to swap the 26 intake to a single large throttle body. The ITB's make a huge difference in engine response because the change in air flow when you hit the throttle is imediate since the throttle is right in the intake runner. Also, if you do the math, the six smaller thottle bodies add up to the flow of something massive. If I can find the exact numbers I'll post them, but it think it amounted to something in excess of 100mm. I can't remember though.