HybridZ

Vids of the rb 280z at the track

J Taylor

Here are a couple of clips of the 280 at the local track. The track is a "short" 1/8 track.....If you add 3/10 and 5mph thats about what it would be in a true 1/8. The car lags .....bad.....needs an auto or some nitrous. These runs were at ~15psi and my half *** tune (1st attempt at tuning a car). My good buddy Dr. Thagard stopped by last night and we got it tuned alot better and at 18psi now. It's considerably stronger now than in the video. May try to make it over to a real 1/4 mile track this Wed and see what kind of mph it will do in the 1/4.....it's not going to ET worth a crap so I may as well shoot for mph until I get an auto or gas on it. :)

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=2801&cat=500&page=1

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=2802&cat=500&page=1

JT

Guest ON3GO

dont go auto... even if its just a drag car or anything.. its a Z and i just think a stick is way more fun and belongs in a Z.

Nitrous would be a BLAST!

congrats on getting it tuned well, i bet it hauls balls.

mike

Thanks.

After trying to launch it a couple of time last night the auto is looking alot more appealing. I was leaving at about 6k and it was still bogging bad. Gas will definately wake it up and I am going to see how that goes before putting in an auto.

Oh yeah, in case you couldn't see the times, the pass against the yellow truck was 8.0 @ 88, against the camaro was 8.0 @ 87. This would be approx 8.3 @ 93 or so in the a true 1/8.

JT

If its a drag car put in an auto and convertor to match or your car may really be a drag rather than good at it...However if its the windies you like keep the stick. Damn ur car looks alot like my new BBC 280Z...nice color! Nice vids too! Im already thinking about putting in a Turbo 400 auto as well, just waste too much time shifting and of coarse the possiblities of missing a shift or over reving etc. I blew up alot of trannies in the past learning how to drag with them. I cant afford to blow up a T56, way too expensive! Beautiful car man!

Terry

John,

Damn dude i cant belive that i just saw your car go down track (granted that it was slow lol) and not brake anything actually come to think of it i cant belive that you left line without braking anything lol. All jokes aside that thing sounds freaking weiard (in good way).

Ivan

Thanks.

After trying to launch it a couple of time last night the auto is looking alot more appealing. I was leaving at about 6k and it was still bogging bad. Gas will definately wake it up and I am going to see how that goes before putting in an auto.

Oh yeah' date=' in case you couldn't see the times, the pass against the yellow truck was 8.0 @ 88, against the camaro was 8.0 @ 87. This would be approx 8.3 @ 93 or so in the a true 1/8.

JT[/quote']

Revving to 6K on the Launch???? you better hope it dosnt hook up real good and not bog or your rearend is toast. the only thing that kept mine alive was lots of wheel spin and a stock clutch. Once the stock clutch went and i installed a better aftermarket clutch then rearend issues began. An auto with the right stall will save your reaend and also produce better times and ET at the track... nice video by the way

It is getting an auto in the near future I think, just don't have the cash for it at the moment. Plus I really want to enjoy the car a little before I tear it down again. lol Going to put a little gas on it (50-100) and hopefully I'll be able to leave easier and not lag. Should have it on in the next week or so...want to put on my 2nd fuel pump before I go spraying it.

JT