HybridZ

OER Triple Carbs

SuperDan

i dont have any experience with them, but through my searching all ive found was that they are claimed to be an improvement on the weber design. but thats about it, i dont think theyve been around long enough to get enough feedback from users.

its def a good price for the kit, but i just dont like the look of them. the webers and mukunis are much better looking. maybe now that weber stopped producing DCOE's more people will be purchasing the OER's, and well have more feedback.

I believe OER is the same thing as SK. I think they've been around a while too. If I'm right they run some Weber and some Mikuni jets, and they were designed to be an improvement on the Webers or Mikunis.

I think Dan (255whp) Baldwin runs them. $1700 seems a bit steep, but I haven't priced them lately.

i dont have any experience with them, ..., i dont think theyve been around long enough to get enough feedback from users...

Don't know about that, they have been available since the early 80's...

OER is now bering repped through some shops here inthe USA. They are a good carburettor, and the price is on par with what the competition charged for carburettors new...

Yup, I've got a set of 45mm OERs w/ 39mm venturis on my 3.1 liter. Bought them used, came off of a 3.1 liter in Japan. I'm using Mikuni PHH air jets and 102/221 (small round) Mikuni motorcycle main jets, readily available for $2.50 ea. at most motorcycle dealers. Emulsion tubes? I dunno, that may require a trip to Japan or something.

Webers and Mikunis "much better looking"?! Bwahahahahah!

Webers and Mikunis "much better looking"?! Bwahahahahah!

only differance i can readily pick out is that they have handles instaed of wingnuts on the top. otherwise the look extreamely similar to my mikuni's (or webers i dont know exactly which they are).

Tom.

It really depends on how old they are.

Originally SK (Sangyo Kiki) stuck their stickers and a red aluminm cover over the top of the Mikuini Solex PHH Jet cover, and called them "An SK Carburettor"

Later, they came out with a Weber Knockoff, and later still the "integrated" unit with features from both units.

If they are really old (pre 1985) they will simply be Mikuini PHH's, after that point, they could be the Weber Knockoff (looked like a Weber, but had brass floats...)

After a lawsuit, they came out again as OER (there was a time in Japan they were dual branded SK/OER), which is the Hybrid Design.

They were on Display at the MSA show. Nice to see a carburettor offerring for the old school traditionalists. But for the limmited run, they won't ocme down in cost, making the EFI setups much more attractive, especially with the Advent of Megasquirt!

I mean, TWM throttle bodies are around $350... So an E-Bay Manifold, a Megasquirt, and Viola!

No jets, no density change problems, NO JETS!

LOL

• 2 weeks later...
I mean' date=' TWM throttle bodies are around $350... So an E-Bay Manifold, a Megasquirt, and Viola!

No jets, no density change problems, NO JETS!

LOL[/quote']

Been thinking about this for sometime myself, triples vs triple TB. However I have a 260z so I will need to get a fuel pump, surge tank, injectors etc so this is what is holding me back these add extra $$ to the swap. If you have a 280z (we did not get these here only EFI on 280zx or the JDM Fairlady Z ie S31 that were imported in the 80's secondhand) this make sence given the cost of the TB vs carbs.