HybridZ

turbo reccomendations for rb25

hellraiser

Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

I think we are overlooking a big part of hellraisers combination. First off the power goals, 450-750 is a pretty broad range. If your going to go with a 90MM T-body I would assume your going to use at least 3" intercooler pipes and a core that is going to flow. If this is the case I wouldn't be looking at A GT35 unless you are going to use two. If you want a responsive turbo that is going to fill the large area you are creating go GT4067. If you don't want to spend $1450.00 or so look at a properly sized "T" series turbo. If you don't mind useing off brand turbos I have very, very affordable units that work just fine on cars under 750hp or I can build all Garrett units affordable. Good luck.

i just realized that there is a typo on the thread it should be 450-75 500 hp being the limit as ive read is also the safe limit on stock internals of the 25det, i do have the 90mm t-body and in the works of getting the "greedy" intake the cooler is fairly large and ended up getting the gt35r, the missing ingredient is the correct size injectors for my goal

i could use a turbo for the l28 block, ill be using the 60mm t-body so my goal as far as hp will be around 350 to the wheels

I think we are overlooking a big part of hellraisers combination. First off the power goals, 450-750 is a pretty broad range. If your going to go with a 90MM T-body I would assume your going to use at least 3" intercooler pipes and a core that is going to flow. If this is the case I wouldn't be looking at A GT35 unless you are going to use two. If you want a responsive turbo that is going to fill the large area you are creating go GT4067. If you don't want to spend $1450.00 or so look at a properly sized "T" series turbo. If you don't mind useing off brand turbos I have very, very affordable units that work just fine on cars under 750hp or I can build all Garrett units affordable. Good luck.

i just realized that there is a typo on the thread it should be 450-75 500 hp being the limit as ive read is also the safe limit on stock internals of the 25det, i do have the 90mm t-body and in the works of getting the "greedy" intake the cooler is fairly large and ended up getting the gt35r, the missing ingredient is the correct size injectors for my goal

Good choice! with the GT35R IMHO.

Clint T

• 2 weeks later...

For my application, I think I want to use a GT3076R. It's still got ball bearings unlike the GT32 series which doesn't. I won't be needing as much power with the GT35 or the GT35Rs so look into that if you don't want huge huge power, but enough power.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT30/GT3076R_700382_12.htm

• 1 year later...

I have already decided Im gonna go with the gt35r. Im hopefully going to be piecing together my turbo kit this summer but I still havent found a good quality high mount turbo manifold for my needs, so Im thinking I might just build my own. I want to be around 420-450hp range on pump gas. I will be getting a apexi power fc within the next couple months. I actually got my car running well now, since I found a knock sensor that came out and hasnt been plugged in since I did the swap....sad I know but shes running like a champ now!!! My plan is greddy intake, 90mm tb, redo all my intercooler piping and intercooler and go to cross flow, top mount turboheader, 550cc injectors, gt35r, metal head gasket. I dont think Im forgetting anything....for now haha

I have already decided Im gonna go with the gt35r. Im hopefully going to be piecing together my turbo kit this summer but I still havent found a good quality high mount turbo manifold for my needs, so Im thinking I might just build my own. I want to be around 420-450hp range on pump gas. I will be getting a apexi power fc within the next couple months. I actually got my car running well now, since I found a knock sensor that came out and hasnt been plugged in since I did the swap....sad I know but shes running like a champ now!!! My plan is greddy intake, 90mm tb, redo all my intercooler piping and intercooler and go to cross flow, top mount turboheader, 550cc injectors, gt35r, metal head gasket. I dont think Im forgetting anything....for now haha

ZDrifter, I've got a Q45 90mm TB if you're interested. send me a PM (dont want to jack hellraiser's thread)

The turbo I fitted onto the RBZ is an HKS GT2540, it is 100% bolt on to the stock RB25DET manifold, it is internally wastegated, it has a metal turbine wheel instead of the stock ceramic, externally it is the same size as stock so it fits well, but it has impeller blades that are 7mm larger then stock, and has an integrated divider on the wastegate. It fits into an S30 swap very well. If you get it, see if you can get the HKS upper downpipe that goes with it it is exellent quality and far better then the stock one. This turbo is good for ~400hp, so if that is your upper limit,(mine was) you will really like it, it spools super fast too, an excellent choice for a street car. Very good power delivery. if you want more power to be king of the dyno, then you may want something bigger, but if you want a turbo that fits well, bolts right on, makes good power then this is a good choice.

Chris Rummel

so what would you guys recoomend for over 500hp?

i am droppin an RB25 into my Z31 and i am using a greddy intake with Q45 throttle body, 700cc injectors a SARD fuel rail, and a tubular top mount exhaust manifold with an external wastegate.

i to have been having turbo sizing issues as i want a resonable spool up

so what would you guys recoomend for over 500hp?

i am droppin an RB25 into my Z31 and i am using a greddy intake with Q45 throttle body, 700cc injectors a SARD fuel rail, and a tubular top mount exhaust manifold with an external wastegate.

i to have been having turbo sizing issues as i want a resonable spool up

GT35R should hold you for 500HP. But how is your bottom end going to hold?

I second that, watch out for the ringlands, they become weak in the 500-700hp range. GT35R will get your there easy but if you want a good solid turbo for 600hp range and dont mind a lil more lag (full boost around 4500-5000rpm) gt42r is a solid turbo.

any recomendations on ring improvment then. i was planning on doing camsand valve train since its a good idea anyways whe doing cams and changing the bearings and seals and such

ot sure if i am going to do rods and pistons both are forged from the factory if i am not mistaakin. may do pistons to lower the compression ratio a bit