HybridZ

Well... Got the '26 installed this weekend... no 56k

Zhadman

Not looking as nice as Jamie's :wink:, but hey!...

Here she is! Ricks mounts worked pretty good with the Supra Isolators. I didn't get a shot of the shifter but it's smack-dad in the middle of the shifter opening. Ran into some clearance issues with the stock transmission mount locations (in the tunnel). Wasn't much of a setback though... we drilled out the spotwelds for the mount reinforcement. We're going to move it to the rear and downward so we can use the original 240 tranny mount (upside down). I'll post some additional pics in the upcoming weeks when I get that figured out.

A bit worried about the stock turbo clearance. With the engine slanted (by design) there's not a lot of room. Can't really see it in the pictures. Several people are running these mounts... but offhand I can't remember if they are on stock twins. We shall see...

Enjoy (Cuz I'm damn happy)...

rb26installfront0qu.jpg

rb26installfrontlow1iu.jpg

rb26installrear5xi.jpg

BTW... the turbo manifold on there is for turbo #2 and was only installed to try and gauge distance/clearance... I know it's in the wrong spot.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JAMIE T

Way to go! It's still farther along than mine is. Good on ya! My car and engine are still in different locations. I need to get the rear suspension under my car before I can move it to my new house, where the engine is.

Way to go! It's still farther along than mine is. Good on ya! My car and engine are still in different locations. I need to get the rear suspension under my car before I can move it to my new house, where the engine is.

I just re-united the engine with the car. It was about 15 miles away! My rear suspension is out as well. I just re-assembled my rear struts with the new GC coilovers. As soon as my 5 lug stubs come in from Modern Motorsports I'm going to put the entire rear suspension back on the car. I need to test fit everything and mount up the wheels/tires so I can start working on my custom flares.

Looks good, did you powder coat or paint your valve covers. Mine look exactly the same... BTW if you want the GTR emblem you can give Matt (cheftrd) a ring I think they are like 50 bucks. And make a huge difference in the appearance of the motor.

I cant amagine any clearance issues with the twin downpipe. IT fit fine on mine and yours is sitting a little further back.

BTW I noticed your dipstick is still in the front. Not sure if you know or not but there is a little plug in about the same spot at the rear of the block on the same side. You just knock it out from the underside and swap everything around.

Thanks for the compiments... they're powdercoated "International Red"

...there is a little plug in about the same spot at the rear of the block on the same side. You just knock it out from the underside and swap everything around.

Thanks for the info... I had forgotten about that.

BTW if you want the GTR emblem you can give Matt (cheftrd) a ring I think they are like 50 bucks

I need to order some misc components from Matt within the next month or so... I'll have to throw the GTR Emblem in,too. Just doesn't look right without something there.

Yep I'm using the RB25 transmission. You can tell by the pictures that the car isn't even painted yet... so I'm not as far along as it might seem. I need to fit up my front and rear suspension so I can mount the CCW's and adjust the ride height with the engine in the car. Then I can see how much flare I need to cover the tires. Once the car is painted I'm going to try and get the engine up and running.

Thanks Yasin!

Ricks mounts are well made and I had no trouble getting them to work... they're worth the price IMO.

The red on the headlight bucket will be the eventual color of the car. I'm toying with the idea of working some small LED turnsignals into my 'bumperettes' (which are only mounted in place and are not lined up) and using the resultant openings in the spoiler to funnel air to my intake.

Guest Benito

I'm sitting here at work and can't see the pics!! Our stupid firewall prevents us from looking at pictures from certain sites. Is there any way someone can upload them as jpg's to the site or e-mail them to me?

Thanks!

Refresh my memory, are you running the stock turbos or something else?

Hey Brian! Yes... after some thought I have decided to stick with the stock turbos for now. There does look to be quite a bit of room in there, but alot of that space will be taken up when the intake and exhaust sides of the motor are re-installed. Since I've removed the hood latch mount I could move the motor more to the rear, but I like where the shifter is sitting. I need to machine up the linkage for the throttles, too and that space will be nice to have (on the firewall).

I need to machine up the linkage for the throttles, too and that space will be nice to have (on the firewall

Did you not get the stock linkage stuff??? Why do you need to machine linkage? i just ran a stock Z31 rb20 cable from the pedal to the motor. All I (MATT) did was cut and weld the top portion of the Z31 pedal and weld it to mine (S30) to accept the cable... should be too hard to fab something up though.

Sorry... I shouldn't have said 'linkage'. I'm going to utilize the stock 240 throttle bell crank setup that is mounted to the firewall. I'm also going to use a throttle cable from an older 4cyl Toyota Tacoma. The Tacoma is setup like the RB with the linkage on the passenger side of the vehicle and so the cable runs along the firewall and makes a u-turn into the throttle body. The part I am going to machine (that I labeled incorrectly :) ) is a support for the Tacoma cable. It's going to be mounted directly behind the motor on the firewall. Sorry for the confusion!