HybridZ

Well... Got the '26 installed this weekend... no 56k

Zhadman

You're right' date=' Hugh. They are really lagging in that department.

FWIW... I don't know if MSA or VB are selling any flares, other than the ZG's, right now. I think that the company who was producing thier FRP (Wings West) was bought out. The new company, it is rumored, no longer wishes to make Z parts.[/quote']

I placed my order for those flares at MSA and they didn't show that they are NLA....

I hope they don't make me wait for a month, then tell me they are NLA.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah pooie.....

" Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, the street flares you

ordered are no longer available. We do still offer the ZG flares if you are

interested in those. We haven't charged your card for anything yet so let

me know if you'd like to substitute these."

on the topic of flares.

does anyone know the type of flares are pictured in the attached file?

they're probably molded in, but i checked a number or designs, and couldnt find anything with the same sort of face

most flares dont cover the wheel in much the same way. they lips never round out as much as the ones in this pic, if you can tell what i mean.

also, if you know which spoiler and side skirts these are, that'd be a good thing to know (for me anyways :) )

i think the owner of this car is called Rick Bowers? anyone have contact info regarding this fellow?

rickbowers_thumb.jpg

I get 20% off at MSA on MOST things...

Oh yeah, when I got a set of CF ZG Flares from a friend, I wasn't mpressed, not to mention they look scuffed up, and when I got a new set, they were more scuffed up than the old set.

My opinion, get the regular fiber ones.

I get 20% off at MSA on MOST things...

Oh yeah' date=' when I got a set of CF ZG Flares from a friend, I wasn't mpressed, not to mention they look scuffed up, and when I got a new set, they were more scuffed up than the old set.

My opinion, get the regular fiber ones.[/quote']

that's why you prep and prime...

they could be just for weight redo.

or they could be changed with aluminum ones, which are sometimes lighter.

but who the hell does that nowadys :P

you dont need carbon fibre to make a car look good.

infact, i dont think it looks all that good just hanging there, unnless it's a black car.

that's just me though. as long as everything flows together, and it's not out of place. or everyhting on the car is out of place.. it won't look like it belongs.

but it belongs to the owner, so then what the hell, let em' carbon flares shine..

Prep and prime carbon fiber? Well, I guess the point of the CF Flares is the look of CF.

Zhad could you meassure this distance in red for me plz?

I'm thinking about the same mounts but gonna run a quite large singel turbo' date=' so when you say it's tight I get nervous :ugg:

[img']deleted[/img]

turbo_fb:

I can get those measurements for you, but it'll be Monday before I can post them back up. I can tell you that there is plenty of room for the stockers, though. A single might be a tight fit.

Did you come to any conclusisons on whether the stock exaust manifold and turbo setup will fit. My car is completely stripped and on a rotiserie so I can't really test fit it.

fbomb,

The stock exhaust manifold and turbos will fit just fine. The problem is going to be the downpipe. I tried several dp combo's and only the units with a flexi-pipe were manageable. Almost all that I tried contacted the footwell.

You can do it like mine.... they fit... :D

thanks a lot man.

you know, at 6 in the morning, the last thing i wanna do is nutt all over my monitor.

:icon45:

question, on the header, you have portions that are about .25 inches wider than the main tubular part of the exhaust runners, are those like mini resonators?