HybridZ

Targa Top Fill in?

jbwetzels

hmm, what if i were to strengthen it more and just fibre glass it?? basically i want to fibreglass it because of a better finish

Interesting, most body people would tell you it will be easier to get a better finish on metal I think, plus you will not have to worry about it cracking out later, and you will add stiffness as mentioned.

JB...LOL you are from Austrailia and asking Americans what is legal when we cut our eye teeth watching Mel Gibson as the "road warrior".. You could top it off with a tractor cab and we would understand....Weld it up with metal and fill in with bondo/fiberglass. Austrailia cannot be as far as advenced in creating new laws as the US has become. If you can cut off tops to make convertibles here in the US then you should be able to convert semi convertibles to hard tops in the land down under and home of the "road warrior".....Up here .. we get arrested by the public interests and then sued later by the private interests....for not being in conformance with social norms.

You could do whatever you want... There is no way in hell I'D want to "Glass it in" and you won't get as good a finish... Your best bet is to steal a roof panel from another Z and weld it on. Gring the weld seems, fill THAT area for each seam, and be done with it. Glass on that wide of a panel is gonna bow and flex like mad... Just look at most of the aftermarket hoods out there... :roll: You won't have much of a finish when the fiberglass spiderwebs and cracks! :2thumbs:

Mike

• 2 weeks later...