HybridZ

rb swap questions

Guest redneckshen

Guest redneckshen

im a newb here so bare with me on this one....

im looking to get a 280z sometime in the near future and im wanting to do an RB swap into it. i kno the rb25 can be done, but can the rb26 be put in with the car still being lhd?

can someone please tell me what kind of money i will be looking to spend to do a swap of rb25 or 26 other than the price of the car?

other than custom mounts, drive shaft etc.. what am i going to need to do the swap?

after i get used to driving the car with that type of HP i am hoping to add mods and push some high HP out of the car. so i need to know what type of internals and general price of them?

please dont post if ur gonna bash for watever reason, if there is something on here about it please point me in the right direction!

Holy cow dude did you even look in this forum? im not bashing you ... but if you just read the sticky thread in this forum your answers are there. i have a 260 (same as a 280) with a rb26 installed and it fits fine.

10K plus is what you will need and that may not even get you on the road if you cant fabricate.

the stock internal can handle up to around 550 rwhp with fuel and turbo upgrades

Guest redneckshen

thnx for pointing me in the right direction stoney.

not really worried bout the fabricating because the motor swap is going to have to be done at a shop. i was in a car accident bout 9 months ago and it messed my back and neck up permanently so it would take me forever to do a swap with jus the help of my friends.

Guest PROJECTRB240SX

With No Experience Swapping A Rb Into A S30 Chassis.... But Tons Of Experience With Rb Into S13 Chassis Cars, I Can Offer You This Advice: Read As Much As You Can! Research The Web Using Google Or Altavista (w/ Babblefish), And Establish Email Contacts With A Few People That Are Willing To Give You Some Of Their Time And Knowledge.... But You Must Be Self Reliant And Get Your Own Knowledge First.

The Rb Is An Expensive Motor To Build In The Us Because Of Low Support... But Its Slowly Gaining Tuner Markets.

It Should Be Rather Expensive If Its Your First Engine Swap, First Time With The Engine, And If You Are Out Sourcing Everything.

The Motors Are Rather Strong Stock And Have Seen Well Over 600whp On The Rb25 And Rb26 Models.... The Rb20det Following Suit At Around 450whp (highest Number I Seen 2 Years Ago When I First Did My S13 Swap).

... zhadman, lick my balls! ...rather than being sarcastic like zhad, please post up!

:icon52::-D

My 'reply', while admittedly less informative than Stony's, was hardly sarcastic and definately was not 'bashing'. I was merely dismayed, and shocked (therefore my use of the 'shock' emoticon), at a question that has been covered ad nauseum. No offense was intended or implied.

We are all, at some point, 'newbies' and it is definately understood that being new to a forum can be confusing. There's alot of information on here and it's hard to take it all in. Take your time... use the search feature... and don't respond to people telling them to 'lick my balls' (atleast without making it clear that you are jesting).

Now (hope some of these links help):

Some info on difficulty and cost

Another Thread with info on cost

Link for Info on Rick Wong's Mounts

LOL! Damn it Randy, why didn't you just call me?

By the way, there's a 240Z for $75 here in town. Yeah, $75. Clean, no rust, no motor no tranny no interior.. Just a clean body.

Perfect for a swap.

Dude, just call Jessica's cell phone if you want to talk about it. Get the number from Trevor or I can PM it to you on the CSRA boards.

Guest redneckshen

lol, figured u were gonna be busy as hell with work man after ya went back. i think i have jess's number if not ill get it from trev next time i see him. lol if i had the 75 bucks i would pick it up, may have found a few cars here in town, jus waitin to get some money from all of this crap from my wreck. got another doc to go see today and some stuff to do this afternoon, but ill try and call this weekend!

... zhadman, lick my balls! ...rather than being sarcastic like zhad, please post up!

Not a good start for a newbie....consider yourself on the watch list. We have banned folks for less. Take a step back and read the 'stickies' at the top of the forums, esp. the rules and regs. Use the search feature before posting ANY questions.

:toetap05:

Dude comes here and on his first posts is blind and insulting... Nice...

Someone should have posted the RULES for being HERE for you to read... http://forums.hybridz.org/announcement.php?f=65&announcementid=2

RIF = Reading Is Fundamental if you plan to stay and I recommend reading that link thoroughly. :2thumbs:

Yea, we're watching... :roll:

Anyone want odds???

Mike :lmao:

Guest redneckshen

eh was a stupid post but atleast i feel loved now. only been here a few days and already have 2 admins and who knows how many mods keeping an eye on me :D