HybridZ

What ever happened to Southern Hospitality???

This has been a horrible week!! accept for a few hours on july 4th, becuz i just hung out with a frend. But other then that, HORRIBLE.

on july 4th, i was at McDonalds, and i was about to pull out of the drive-through. and the truck goes BOOOOMMMMM and smoke pours out of the hood, i thought i blew the engine to pieces or sumthing. so i just pushed in the clutch and guided it to a parking spot.

Upon further inspection, it seems as though everything went bad at once-the fan siezed up becuz it hit the fan shroud, and it bent so it hit the radiator(wich i just put a brand new one in LAST WEEKEND) and the thermestat stuck.....so the pressure inside the hoses just burst. Got it home, fixed everything, put in a new cap, rotor, spark plug and spark plug wires, just becuz they were long overdue to b changed, put in a new thermastat and gasket, and other things. Ran kinda crappy, so i cleaned the combustion chamber with sum amsoil powerfoam, then it ran awesome. So its all fixed up.

Well, yesterday, i almost got fired, becuz i took a lunch break and got lost for an hour and a half, and by the time i came back, the shop was closed.

Last nite i got pulled.

Tnite, my truck broke down, about a mile from my house, so i ditch it in a driveway, and knocked on the guys door to ask if i could leave the truck there for the nite-and the guy pulls his "peacemaker"(no joke, thats the word he used)-well, i got a damn 12 gauge pulled on me, just for knocking on his door.----WHT EVER HAPPENED TO SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY.

Guest Aaron
-and the guy pulls his "peacemaker"(no joke, thats the word he used)-well, i got a damn 12 gauge pulled on me, just for knocking on his door.-

In his defence, if you knocked on my door at night and I wasn't expecting you I would meet you much the same way. There have been 4 house break-ins, one car break-in, and people snooping around other houses within 1 mile from my house in the last 4 months. Everyone is a bit on edge.

I don't have that problem, people snooping around. Seems 40 years of being me has created this "fear" that runs rampant in the criminal element. Not to mention the rumors that there are several thugs buried in my backyard. Maybe it was 2 years ago that I caught a guy with a 16 inch butcher cleaver hiding from the cops under my boat and I held him at bay with my .45 auto, or maybe it was the fact that the cops told him they were really suprised I didn't shoot his happy arse.

the thing is, within a few miles of my house, there is nearly no crime at all, he just doesn't like ppl knockin on his door, thats wht he told me, he said there is sumtimes ppl traveling, thats all he said-he didn't say sumthin like that there are ppl tryin to rob him or anything

Sounds like you're experiencing growing pains. From your point of view you probably think you did nothing wrong. From his, he sees another "intrudor" on his peace and tranquility. And even though you're in the south, Richmond is still a large, crime ridden city, and one that has held the highest record for homicide and violent crime for several years running... Welcome to city life... I know, I know "But I don't live in Richmond!"... You're 15 miles down the street... You live in Richmond. :lmao:!

Mike :cool:

Guest Phil1934
Richmond is still a large, crime ridden city, and one that has held the highest record for homicide and violent crime for several years running:

That's only because Atlanta plays with its crime numbers. We had an incident on the 4th of kids pelting a driver with rocks and hit him in the face with a bottle rocket. He overturned his tanker. When police arrived there were fifty kids jumping up and down on the overturned tanker and the driver had been dragged out of the cab, beaten and robbed. He's still critical. There was so much rock and furniture throwing in that area the rapid transit buses would not travel that highway for a time.

2001 U.S. murder capital was Detroit

2002 was Washington DC

2003 was Chicago

(cities over 500,000 population)

The guy with the shotgun sounds like a meth-head who has been awake for five days straight and is paranoid (maybe he's cooking crystal in his house).

Nobody needs to point a gun in somebody's face if they're scared about strangers at their door, just check the peephole. Sorry to hear you had such a crappy week. Soon as you get that Z runnin you'll feel MUUUCH better though!

i was hopeing this week would b much better, seeing as how i had a week of crappyness, usaully theres a killer week commin up.....nope, i was supposed to get the Z back on friday-didn't happen, so i called yesterday, nobody answered, stopped by the shop, no1 was there, called this morning before school, no1 answered, called after school, no1 answered, dropped by the shop-no1 is there.

Talked to the mechanic that sent the car to him, he said he talked to him a little while ago, and would call me back in a bit, havent gotten my call, usually they get back to me within 10 minuts-its been almost an hour. I AM GETTING PISSED.