HybridZ

Interesting GNose

I found a guy that had a Gnose in storage for the last 10 years and I bought it from him today. My new Z wasn't going to have a Gnose because of the lack of airdam usually associated with non IMSA Zs. I knew there were different versions of the Gnose and this one was a 2 piece at first. I loaded it into my truck and he came out with a third piece which took me by surprise. There was an airdam with this one and it looks great. I've seen all the renditions of modified airdams for the Gnose, but they all look aftermarket and this one looks factory. I know that at one time Nissan Comp. made a 5 piece front end, but again, it's very much unavailable.

Within an hour I had the front end at a body shop to fix some of the fiberglass and paint the front end and it should be done in 2 weeks.

If anyone is interested, I'd love to chip in and make molds of this set. I think it would be great to once again have parts that are no longer available.

I'll have pics. once I mount it to my car.

Hoover

You can get g-nose hinges from baddogparts.com

Headlight covers - just got a new set from Japan myself geniune Nissian units still in the boxes not cheap cost me $600 NZD = $400 USD today. Have never heard of glass headlight covers. When I purchased my G-Nose (the other day, 5 piece from a JDM 2+2 260z guy did not like the length so we did a deal, with urethan bumper etc) it had original headlight covers and they were plastic, however they were cracked and one of the chrome/stainless steel bands was missing so this is why I purchased a new set from Japan. I was told by the Japanese man that help me find and import these that there are now only 4 original set left in Japan (with me taken the 5th set). I am not 100% sure if this is true but they are NLA from Nissan so some guys might have these hidden away like the guy I got mine from.

Here is something different with my G-Nose. As stated it is a 5 piece unit but the lower section is not made from glass but it is all steel - yes all steel, nice piece of work also - looks factory with all the pressed lip etc. If this was had mand by someone that have done an excellent job - does look to be factory made. Not Nissan Factory as they never made the G-Nose lower section is steel. Here are some pictures.

G_Nose_1.jpg

G_Nose_4.jpg

G_Nose_5.jpg

G_Nose_8.jpg

G_Nose_11.jpg

G_Nose_12.jpg

G_Nose_13.jpg

$30!? Was that a typo? :shock:

!M!

No it wasn't a typo. I was browsin though craigslist and looked under a listing named "Datsun Front Lip kit". The page opens, and to my surprise its a g-nose, for $30!! Apparently the guy didn't know what he had, he just said it was fiberglass and had a small crack. I called him, but he had sold it just 15mins before :icon50: . Maybe it was the one DavyZ is talkin about, but when I called him he said he sold it for 30.

$300 G-Nose from Craigslist. Yep' date=' Hoover bagged that baby before I did. What a steal---what a deal!! Congrats, Hoover!

Davy[/quote']

Davy, thanks!!!

It's a deal, but you have to remember, I have to clean up the top portion of it. There needs to be some fiberglassing, blocking, sanding then painting. The hood hinges are another 250.00, so I'll have about 1000.00 + into it when all is said and done.

I'm working on my Rb26DET and it should be a rocket. This will just make the car look very very cool.

H

Hoover' date=' i'd love to get in on this... Can you shoot me some pics?

Mike[/quote']

I'll have pics. soon enough.

I had to order more paint and have my engine compartment painted as well.

I think this is a great find for all the Z people. I'll be more than happy to have molds made of them and everyone can have a Gnose. Well, as long as everyone chips in, which is usually the hard part.

Well If anyone KNOWS where Les Heath is, they will get a hansome reward in locating and getting back to me MY Gnose and custom tail light panel I loaned him in Spring 2002 so he could pull a mold...

Far as I'm concerned the guy stole it from me at this point. In 2005 I haven't heard a PEEP from him since FALL 2002... If you guys run across him anywhere, I'd like to know about it.

Hoover, I'd be in for chipping in on a mold setup.

Mike