HybridZ

LS2 in the way!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you drop $6k + shipping + Tax on a new LS1 with computer and harness from Scoggin-Dickey

http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/120/products/466/LS1-Engine-Kit-w-Computer-GM-Performance-Parts-Crate-Engine-Assembly.htm

then add in everything else you will need to make it run (alternator, MAF meter, starter, motor mounts, transmission, clutch, new flywheel, shipping, maybe AC and PS, etc. etc. etc.).

sort of makes $8800 to get 80 more HP and a 4 inch bore look like a bargain.

He got a brand new engine with no worry about how the PO drove or maintained it.

I think the price is fair, There was one other ls2 with 1500 miles fro $8500 plus shipping.It sold right away.

If you drop $6k + shipping + Tax on a new LS1 with computer and harness from Scoggin-Dickey

http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/120/products/466/LS1-Engine-Kit-w-Computer-GM-Performance-Parts-Crate-Engine-Assembly.htm

then add in everything else you will need to make it run (alternator' date=' MAF meter, starter, motor mounts, transmission, clutch, new flywheel, shipping, maybe AC and PS, etc. etc. etc.).

sort of makes $8800 to get 80 more HP and a 4 inch bore look like a bargain.

He got a brand new engine with no worry about how the PO drove or maintained it.[/quote']

Mike will take care of you for sure.He's honest and straight up.He's done more swaps then anyone else I ever met.He did his 93 RX7/LS1 in less then a week.I'm sure he would have taken you car sooner but he needs to finish his 240 that on the rotissery in his garage right now.He will be finished in the same time frame that he plans on doing you car I believe.

Well i'm hoping mike (mas280) can do this swap.

i talked to him and we agreed to start by winter around december/jan.

after that it up to him.

I know i could have gone lots of other ways.but find me a sbc with 6 miles that makes 400 hp.and gives you lots of gas milage.

A family member has the 05 GTO so i know i will like that engine.

I hope time goes fast enough!

Mike will take care of you for sure.He's honest and straight up.He's done more swaps then anyone else I ever met.He did his 93 RX7/LS1 in less then a week.I'm sure he would have taken you car sooner but he needa to finish his 240 that on the rotissery in his garage right now.He will be finished in the same time frame that he plans on doing you car I believe.

The engine arrived today!

Its missing the mass air flow sensor and the dash to computer wires.

Other than the its complete, eve the battery cables.We are giving them a call today to see if i could get those 2 items from them.

If i don't get them, i know we should by the time this swap gets started.

Sergio

• 1 month later...

The one from that thread is a drive by wire too.

MAS280 fitted a fast tb,Fitting is not the problem.

The problem would be making a cable type work, I talked to mike and he told it should work.So i sold my tb.If this was not to work all i have to do is buy another and buy the pedal assembly from a gto, corvette.

I think that Scoggins can sell you a 90mm cable type TB that fits.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216495&highlight=nick+williams

I think you should have kept the drive by wire set up and adapted a set of pedals to your car. It sure would look nicer with out a throttle cable plus it would really make guys wonder where the throttle cable is! Although going this route would probably require more work...

Guy

Well the only ppl you would confused are the ones the don't know the ls2,ls6 engine.I don't mine on either one as long as it work's.

This weekend i started tearing all parts attached to the engine wall.I will take the l28 out soon!

I think you should have kept the drive by wire set up and adapted a set of pedals to your car. It sure would look nicer with out a throttle cable plus it would really make guys wonder where the throttle cable is! Although going this route would probably require more work...

Guy

The one from that thread is a drive by wire too.

MAS280 fitted a fast tb' date='Fitting is not the problem.

The problem would be making a cable type work, I talked to mike and he told it should work.So i sold my tb.If this was not to work all i have to do is buy another and buy the pedal assembly from a gto, corvette.[/quote']

The cable in my LS1 looks like this. Easy to do and works great.Used a Lokar universal cable.

On_the_Road_240Z_LS1_and_510_godbye_062.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you all know!

I have started ordering my parts for the swap.Below is a list of the parts i have ordered.

1:Autometer-All Autolite's 200mph speedo,10rpm memory tach,oil pressure,water temp,and the 73 ohms empty-8/12 ohms full fuel gauge.

2:wilwood bigbrake kit from arizona z car.

3:John's Car Kit,On this one,I sent the order form yesterday.

4:set of mooser axels from modern motorsports.

5:mustache bar and a set of adapters from LS1240Z.

6:camaro oil pan,tray, and pick up.

Today i will order a custom grind Camshaft - 228"/230" .576"/.595" 114LSA.

I still need to order lots of things.

My Z is going to be painted from the engine bay soon.After that its going to MAS280, So he can start on it.

Guest traub83

are the LS motors really all that much better $ for $ over the older style sbc's?? i dont mean to change the subject none but its got me currious a lil... Sounds like your going to have a monster when your done bro... hope it all goes smooth and quick for ya..