HybridZ

How fast was he/she going?

BrandonsZ

The wreck scene is a setup.

Look real close at the ground' date=' you don't see any skid marks or dirt disturbed at all.

Wheelman[/quote']

They did a damn good job wrapping the doors around that tree for a setup. Naaa I don't buy a setup, no motive, there are accidents like this every day, what would they prove?

wreck is real, there are more pictures floating around of the road and skid marks leading up the the vehicle catching air. Speedo is in KPH, to the best of my knowledge they never produced that year A3 with a MPH calibrated speedo? I could verywell be wrong on that. Oh, and keep in mind that in germany cars are LHD...

Looks authentic to me. My Fiance's Maxima looked almost that broken up and she was going 65mph. The trees DON"T move and are the equivelant to hitting another car head on at your same rate of speed. She and the other driver hit head on and killed them both.

No blood really....just crushed and broken bodies. Geez.....I don't know why I looked at this crap, just what I didn't need to do to myself right now.I was starting to pick up again.

This month was her 2 year mark from this world due to a punk steering with his knees while feeding his damn munchies.

...........V'

A car being torn apart like that from hitting a tree would have spun all over the place. It's just to neat and tidy to be a real wreck scene!!!

I agree! wouldn't the front of the car be turned the other way??? why would they fall out of the car before the tree that cut the car in half?? keys?? why is the engine out without spilling a drop of oil?? car hit the tree but no bark on car? (#13&17) and what type of engine would it have? i see a turbo on the pasnger side, but and exhaust on the drivers side?? were is the hood? bumper?

many many questions but no answers.......

honestly after looking at the pictures a few times I don't think they were going extremely fast. most cars are designed to take a front or rear crash, or even a hit from the full frontal area of a car to the side. in this case there is only the cross sectional area of the tree appling force to the side of the car. a car traveling at 60mph has alot of energy kinetic energy, this is found by 1/2MV^2. small increases in speed mean big increses in energy. since the side of the car only had a small area to absorb the energy of movement, it just split in two. I've seen alot of crazy things out on the road(I drive tow trucks for my dad). just remember kiddies buckle your saftey belts ;)

jesse

The reason there are a lot of pieces of the car, it's because firemen must cut the car in pieces to get the body out. In some accidents the car can get so mangled that the paramedics cannot get to the victim.

Ari

I went back and looked one more time and am totally convinced it's a fake scene.

When I was a kid we lived in northern Idaho very close to Cour D'Alene (sp) lake. All the roads there are very windy and narrow, subsequently I saw several accident scenes where a car was destroyed in this manner (not totaly ripped apart but roof torn off from hitting a tree, etc..). Anyway there was always lots of dirt thrown around when the car suddenly changed direction as it hit the tree, and yes the tree remained stationary and the car rotated around it doing much more damage to the car than the tree. the tree usually survived while most times the passengers didn't, but the tree did suffer significant damage.

In this scene none of the forest floor is significantly disturbed, even the pine needles lay as they would if they had just fallen from the tree, uniformly covering the ground. Had the front and rear separated like the photos show and traveled several meters from the original impact there would have been large gouge marks in the dirt where the floor of the car dug in as it moved. The engine/tranny would have tumbled or slid leaving marks as it moved due to the irregular surfaces in contact with the soft dirt, and why did it separate from the car in the first place? Look at the scene and picture in your mind the kind of energy released when that car hit the tree and then was dissipated by the parts that continued to move. Where did it go? The only place is friction between the ground and the moving parts and/or into another tree. One part is shown resting against a tree but the other is not so again where did all that energy go??? Certainly not into that nice neat forest floor those parts are resting on!!!

I also noticed there is no window glass anywhere. A staged scene will not include the window glass as it's to hard to clean up. All the glass must have just vaporized in this wreck.:)

Wheelman

Guest JAMIE T

It appears that the car could have been airborn given the damage to the tree. So it is possible(in theory) that the halves could have come to a rest near or at the trees they are leaning on. So, it would not have left gouges in the terrain. I would say it's real for the simple fact that there is alot of debris and why would you stage that? Prom night, don't drink and drive video for high schools?

Guest 73TPIZ

Look at photos 2/19, 5/19 ,9/19, and 16/19. That's the tree in the background the car hit with the door still wrapped around it. That looks like pretty significant energy dissapation to me. That tree has the bark completely ripped off one side. Also,look how high the damage is in pic 2/19, indicating it was airborne at impact. If it hit at that speed and the 2 halves only traveled that far after impact, then that was certainly enough energy dissapation to cut that car in half.

My friend lost control of her car, went airborn across a huge ditch, and wrapped her car around a tree. Crazy thing is the car clamped itself to the tree, and didn't fall back into the ditch. And that was an ole school Cutlass with a full frame, not a modern compact, so yeah i think these pics are real.