HybridZ

Z enthusiast in Central IL

Z0wner

Z0wner,

So, you're in the area of Chenoa, El Paso, Gridley, Secor... cool. Trust me, you can say the name of the town and I will definitely know its location. Maybe you live in Kappa and don't want to admit it LOL.

I have a 77 280Z with a JTR sbc.

SiL-LadY,

Never heard of Garage Kwai. Sorry! I have been to the Woodfield mall, though, if that counts for anything.

Pat

"Z0wner,

So, you're in the area of Chenoa, El Paso, Gridley, Secor... cool. Trust me, you can say the name of the town and I will definitely know its location. Maybe you live in Kappa and don't want to admit it LOL."

Although I do not live in Kappa, if I did I wouldn't admit it. LOL

Well, I recently got a 260z stock, fairly good condition for a 35 year-old vehicle. Some rust throughs and have been looking for a body-shop, or an enthusiast that would do a good job for a reasonable price. I would do it my-self, but being a high-schooler makes purchasing the welder and other tools kind of expensive. I am not sure what are good places to buy Z parts in Central IL, so if you have any experience with shops around here and would like to share it, that would be very helpful.

By the way, have any pics of your Z?

I wouldnt mind filling up the parking lot of my storage unit up with z's...

Fridge, barbeque and tools there.. just about everything a body needs

Also located about smack dab between the chicago folks and the central IL folks.

Food for thought.

Sam

ps. Congrats on the new Z Z0wner.

SiL-LadY,

Have you seen red 280z with big front mount and 18's rolling around Stratford mall? I live in Glendale Heights but i work in Arlington Heights at AMS so you are only like 10min away from me. I am usually at Stratford on weekends so you if come out look me up.

Ivan

Decatur (one hour south of Bloominton, one hour East of Springfield, one hour west of Champaign) - if I can figure out my coilover problem I'll be at the autox at the Coles County Airport near Charleston this Sunday which will be the first race for the Z :). Also I just suckered a co-worker into getting a 280 which should be delivered from Louisianna next week and he's probably lurking on here somewhere. He's already talking turbo and Megasquirt :)

By the way I'm in need of a windshield if anyone has one they are willing to part with or know of a jy that may have one around here.

Cameron

240 shipped in from Cali last year running L28, tripples, coilovers, ZG flares, etc...too much to list

WOWZERS! SO MANY PEOPLE IN ILLINOIS!

Ivan280zt: Havent seen that... in all honesty... (i should be ashamed of saying this) i really dont even see any Zs... the only "well known" one i guess i know of is the yellow one... by body werks... who shows up in HIN. But ams huh? Sweet! I stop by there when we need parts lol.... are you a tech? have you been at kwai and seen the fairlady? Well... we should meet up and talk Zs... lol.. cause we're WORK BUDDIES! lol (a Z in a Mitsubishi shop...hmmm...lol)

SBC_400: Garage Kwai is.... or i should say was by One6.... One6 moved.. not that far... closer than AMS.. but yeah.. one6 was .... 3 stores down.

Garrett76Zt: I own a 1977 Fairlady Z.... pure bred from Japan. Was wondering... (if all IL people read this thread) anyone else have a Fairlady Z?

And I do agree with Oleh... we should have a meet. There is ACTUALLY! lol.. besides windy city Z... which i heard is having.. or had a meet..dunno... there is a car club here in illinois Called JGTCA (Japanese Grand Tourismoo Cars of America) Their website is http://www.jgtca.com. be a member! lol.. no but its great... they meet up every Saturday... normally around Arlington Heights... we have two meet joints... Photos... and Mitsuwa... its FR.... MR... AWD cars. There are a couple of Z owners there... from s30-z32. but def come out if you guys can. im s13.dr|ft in JGTCA forums... so drop few lines if you see me blabbing my mouth

SiL-LadY' date='

Have you seen red 280z with big front mount and 18's rolling around Stratford mall? I live in Glendale Heights but i work in Arlington Heights at AMS so you are only like 10min away from me. I am usually at Stratford on weekends so you if come out look me up.

Ivan[/quote']

you arent ukrainian or russian btw ???