HybridZ

Project RB26 240sx has started

240Z Turbo

Since the motor is off being built I thought I would start with the intercooler. Same core as Joel's, 24"x12"x4.5" fed by my GT42R.

Build is as follows:

Endyne Head (inconel ex/SS intake)/HKS 280 10.25's/Ferrea valvetrain/Findanza Cam gears

Carillo Rods

Endyne Custom Pistons(weisco forgings)

ATI 800hp dampner

My custom pan

GT42R

custom 321SS/Inconel exhaust manifold

Custom dual plenum intake with dual 70mm TB's

160lb Bosch injectors

Tech 3

custom fuel rail

N1 water pump

Nismo oil pump

ATI GM tranny adapter (SFI flexplate/8" race converter)

JW bell with turbo 400 (full manual transbrake)

Am I forgetting anything?

BTW, anyone need a complete Ka24de setup? tranny, ecu, motor, yada yada yada? $500 and runs like a champ.

I want to spare no expense on this project.

intercooler1.jpg

Did you scrap the AWD idea? Or is it a big secret?

Scrapped the AWD since the guy never sent me the rest of the pieces from the front clip.

Finished school and moved to SC' date=' I must have missed that....[/quote']

I graduated 2 years ago this december. I was a professor at FSU until March when I took a position as program manager for a company in SC. I manage composite DOD programs for the military.

No sectret, the guy never shipped me the remaining parts from the front clip.

P/M sounds like a good gig, nice house BTW.

I'm sure you'll be keeping us posted on your new project as I will do the same..

240ZTT has been sold?

Good Luck!! I might make it to SEZ in the spring if it will happen..

Good to hear from you James!! I have been keeping tabs on you via Scottie and Rick down here in Fl.

Keep the updates coming as you make progress and congrats on landing the p/m job in SC. Sounds like an amazing project in the works...

James, finally getting some stuff out of the way and will be starting on the S15 swap in a month or so. Got the JW Powerglide the other day, so I'll be needing the adapter and converter pretty soon. Hopefully yours will be done first so I won't have to play converter games. I'm backing down from the first guess and thinking somewhere around 5500 stall, as it will flash considerably higher. Any thoughts on your converter?

Matt,

I almost reconsidered doing the swap when ATI wasn't sure whether they could make the 8" race converter stall low enough for a street application. I didn't want to burn up the converter by having it constantly slipping. They have assured me that we can get a 5K stall on the converter and be usable for a daily driver. My buddy has one in his RB25 powered S13 so I will get first hand knowledge of its performance. It will be quite a while before I have mine running. Perhaps as long as 1 year. Send me an e-mail for the Tranny adapter stuff.

Here are a few pics of the new CASA.

casa_de_thagard4_sm.jpg

casa_de_thagard9_sm.jpg

casa_de_thagard3_sm.jpg

man i cant wait to see this beast when your done because i know its gonna be more than a handful. Also was wondering if you were gonna make any high capacity oil pans with baffling and if so would you be willing to sell one? good luck with your project man

Since the motor is off being built I thought I would start with the intercooler. Same core as Joel's' date=' 24"x12"x4.5" fed by my GT42R.

Build is as follows:

Endyne Head (inconel ex/SS intake)/HKS 280 10.25's/Ferrea valvetrain/Findanza Cam gears

Carillo Rods

Endyne Custom Pistons(weisco forgings)

ATI 800hp dampner

My custom pan

GT42R

custom 321SS/Inconel exhaust manifold

Custom dual plenum intake with dual 70mm TB's

160lb Bosch injectors

Tech 3

custom fuel rail

N1 water pump

Nismo oil pump

ATI GM tranny adapter (SFI flexplate/8" race converter)

JW bell with turbo 400 (full manual transbrake)

Am I forgetting anything?

[/quote']

James, are you forgetting the crankshaft? What if anything special will be done with that? (knife edge?)

j.