HybridZ

Nismo 1mm metal headgasket cheep

I wish I could post a happy ending to this story, as it was a good deal. But unfortunately, the guy didn't realize that you can't ship a headgasket in a flat box. Even though I made a POINT to ask for shipping cost with a lot of protection to stop it from getting bent...well...you cansee for yourself what happened:

bent1.jpg

bent2.jpg

bent3.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!

You think? it's got a noticable bend in the middle and it's curved up at the ends like the box. I have heard all the horror stories about metal gaskets not sealing.

There are no kinks but I'm not sure if that bend in the middle is too sharp...

It was perfect before it was shipped too! I talked ot the guy and he said the UPS store people were like "DONT WORRY, IT WILL BE FINE...we'll just write "do not bend on it""

Dang it all they had to do was use a 1" deep box and I'd have nothing to worry about.

Geniuses!

I also say spray both sides with a silver paint, then while tacky, put it on and clamp her down.....

I say to spray it with the silver paint cause I read that in the old "how to modifiy" book, and tried it and it worked great.

Even when new with that black coating on the new HKS gasket, I wasn't comfortable with just that as a sealer....

You use your own judgement on that part, but I would use that gasket with no worries Forest.

good luck

joel