HybridZ

$50k Z car.......

Sparks280zt

IMHO there is no such thing as a $50K Z car. Z's that you put $50K into, sure, but not one that should sell for $50K. If there was one it would have to have some serious racing history, because we know Nissan could only sell the factory restored cars for $25K.

That car might be worth, on a REALLY good day, $12K. Just my opinion though...

Says "over 60k in restoration". I don't see how that is possible given the list of work they have done.

They list a woman's name as the person to contact. Maybe this is a divorce situation. My guess is the ex convinced her the $60 thousand missing from their checking account went into the car and not some 19 year old stripper. Even got her to take the car in the settlement instead of the house.

Why? If he gets his price then the value of all of our HybridZs increase by a little bit. I hope it sells for $60K!

Every time I see one of these hyper expensive Z's it makes me cringe. My car isn't an investment, its what I like to drive. If I wanted something that was going to appreciate in value I would have bought something that was more rare than a Z, maybe a British roadster or an old Lotus and fixed that up. I want the Zs to stay CHEAP so that if I need parts I can go get another one. So far I've owned 2 Z's and I've sent 3 more to their graves just to get parts for the ones I was driving. Once this crap starts getting too expensive I'm going to have to move onto something else, so I'm all for keeping prices realistic.

Guest bastaad525

Come on... you know the reason they put the price that high. I'm betting, there is a wife telling a husband that he needs to get rid of his toy, and the husband sets the price so high that of course no one will bite, so hubby tells the wife "honey i TRIED to sell it but no one wants it!".

That's the only way either that or he's high on drugs.