HybridZ

Any 240Z AFFICIANADOS out there?

MYRON

Hey guys,

I am looking for a little info. My brother just bought a STEAL OF A DEAL on a little 240. I will spare you with all the details because it makes me entirely too jealous to talk about!

The car is titled as a 73 however the ID plate says 10/72. The car has AC and Carpet which is what I am curious about. It appears that it was a dealer installed option because it is very professioaly done and the carpet is a perfect fit. I am wondering if any of you know any place that I can get more info about these options.

About the car... I just cant help myself!

The body is straight with only a few door dings and minor rust. The frame rails are PERFECT and there is NO rust and no curb damage. All the trim and rubber is soft and in great shape. The windows are all original and no dings in the windsheild. It has the original skid plate on the bottom front with no damage either. The tranny is very firm. The suspension is stiff. The carpet is excelent other than a small bad spot in the hatch area. It has 103,000 original miles and it was garage kept. We found gas receipts from the last time it was driven... 8-89' Suprem fuel only.. It has been in a garage ever since. The bumpers are straight with only a few specs of rust that should polish out easy. It has the original keys that are not worn. The seats dont even have any tears and they are pretty soft as well. The dash only has 2 cracks and the clock even works. The only drawbacks are the minor rust, the tank is gummed up and the carbs need to be rebuilt. Man I could go on and on! Needless to say I am very jealous...

OH.... LESS THAN A GRAND!

Myron

Usually new model production starts in September of the previous year, but there are some overlap. We had an 84 Rabbit Convertible made in August of 84. It was badged a Rabbit and not a Cabriolet (84 was last year of Rabbit, all newer 'verts were Cabriolets) but if you bought parts for an 84 at the store, the never fit! Always had to buy 85 Cabriolet parts. Quite the pain in the rear. The 10/72 car should be a 73 model year so sounds like the registration is correct.