HybridZ

Brake Bias

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. Car info is:

'73 240z, 280zxt motor

toyota front brake upgrade

280zx rear upgrade

The passenger side front tire is the first to lock up causing very uneven braking. Is this due to a poor weight distribution in the front of the car. The intake, exhaust, turbo, driver are all on the same side which seems like it would be much heavier than the passenger side and to be causing me this problem.

-jeremy-

I feel like an idiot for no thinking of this first before even putting up a post. The problem has nothing to do with the brakes. As I said before, all new parts, nothing broken. The prop. valve is out of the question since only one of the front lines goes through the valve and the line that does go through the valve has too much braking force. Prop valves limit rear pressure anyway. So

actual problem

Misadjusted coilovers. I didn't notice this problem before since I usually drove with a heavy (250lb) passenger. He evened out the weight distribution.

solution

Adjust the passenger side coilover to apply more weight on that wheel, until braking is even.

That's pretty weird dude. I've run MANY track days and autoxes with passengers and never noticed the right front locking first.

BTW when I first put my car on scales I had set the height by fender height only. On the scales with me in the car I got the following:

LF 640 -- RF 620

LR 650 -- RR 640

I don't know what those numbers would have been like with a 250 lb passenger, but like I said the car was set with EVEN fender heights and that's the corner weights I got.