HybridZ

Engine puller

Lunar240z

I have a traditional "Cherry picker" but I tend to use my "lifting frame" (basically like an "A Frame" but my legs resemble an inverted "T", I made out of scrap a coupla years ago)with a hand crank and block and tackle, no legs hanging under the car to get in the way of bottom work

I searched but i couldn't find anything about engine pullers, what kind should i use? the pulley on your ceiling, or one of those little rolling cherry picker type ones? what kind do you guys recommend? what point do you pull an l24 from?

As mentioned previously by some of our fine members, a rental "cherry picker" will do the job nicely. One additional item will make it even easier! It is an adjustable positioning bar (not sure of the real name). It allows you to do fine adjustments...changing the CG of the eng/trans, thus the angle relative to the chassis. Basically, it allows you to tilt the eng/trans as you pull it out of the chassis.

As mentioned previously by some of our fine members, a rental "cherry picker" will do the job nicely. One additional item will make it even easier! It is an adjustable positioning bar (not sure of the real name). It allows you to do fine adjustments...changing the CG of the eng/trans, thus the angle relative to the chassis. Basically, it allows you to tilt the eng/trans as you pull it out of the chassis.

I would have had to rent mine for 9 months! Harbor Frieght like $150.