HybridZ

Get these posts off this board please

mark

Here's a problem with the ignore list...

Regardless of what you MAY think of some members because of your personal, religious, or political beliefs, Some of those who may not be favorites of yours COULD potentially post some nuggets that are truly worthwhile for your project, or troubleshooting needs.

Start throwing people on your ignore list and you might just miss those little nuggets. :shock:

I'd have a list WAY TO BIG if I used the ignore feature... Reality is that some of those we admins would like to ignore are just the ones that "need" watching... So no ignore list for me... Just remember that ingoring some will not always work to your advantage. We've got one of the absolute BEST sites on the web guys... Use common sense and police yourselves. If there are "personal" issues, work them offline with the member who you have issues with... more often than not, they won't know they have offended you. :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Just our of curiosity, how do we find out how many ignore lists we are on? Instead of post counts, next to each person's member status we could post "Being ignored by XXX members"?

On the parenting thing, I dont' think anyone wants the WWW to raise their kids for them. Like most parents we just want a little help knowing what sites are kids friendly and which aren't. Doesn't seem like much to ask.

Guest tony78_280z

I check up on posts daily/bidaily. 95% for the interesting and technical discussion. 1% to find out what kind of crap people are doing/putting up with in their daily lives. and 3% for the humor that others post. I'm not telling you about that last 1% muhaha

I consider some of you out there as "friends"* Although I've never met any of you. (And if I did we'd probably hate one another. But that is besides the point) I've had "conversations" and gotten ALOT of assistance. I have been the brunt of a few jokes with several members hear (Ox Cart Sticks and A dent in the fender) . And isn't that what friends do? Joke around, poke fun at and help one another?

Granted I'm not as easily offended as others, but a good joke is a good stress reliever when the car is in the shop, or you can't find that particular post you read 8 months ago that didn't pertain to your current situation so you mostly ignored it, but now your whole project hinges on finding it.

Neither of those two jokes were something you wouldn't see/hear on TV. Ever watch Baywatch? There were boats in that show too, or so I've been told. Never seen one myself. AND my wife and I got a good laugh out of the chick and pussy one. I spent several minutes trying to think of a witty reply but all I could come up with was "You mistakenly posted the wrong picture. Please repost it or copy and e-mail me the one with the young chick with the hairy pussy."

To quote myself, "If you can't take a joke, get off the planet."

Hows about tagging a on new threads heading: JOKE or PERSONAL VENT/RANT or even (dare I say) POLITICAL OPINION.

There are lots of different parental blockers on the market. When mine get old enough to surf the web, you bet I'll have one!

BTW. D&D RULES!!! (there I said it)

*Please note I stretch the word friends to some extent. Please do not begin to ask to borrow money or come crash at my house. Well, maybe just for one night, but your out as soon as you sober up!!

LoL remember the episode with santa from venus, and the ever classic episode when bender sells his body and richard nixons head buys it and takes over america!! LoL thats funny stuff there!!