HybridZ

Well I went and did it! Now the countdown to me not owning a Z anymore begins....

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

"Quafie" was the typo intentional? Supposed to be "Quaife" right?

How does that diff work? I hate viscous diffs because they wear out especially if driven hard. This one seems to work very nicely but it's LOUD, makes a lot of noise at low speed.

I would LOVE to take this car down to the track.

Hey, cars actually do gain some power after they've put on a bit of mileage right? Like at what mileage would you say the car would be at 'full power'?

Its a gear derived limited slip. No "true" wear elements as with a viscous or clutch style LSD. Although it can wear out, I believe Quaife gives you a lifetime warranty on their units when bought as an aftermarket part (This includes racing too). They really do believe in their product.

Guest bastaad525

cool :D

By the way guys, dunno if it matters if I post it here, but just thought I'd announce, the Z is 'officially' for sale now, the ad is in the classifieds. Dunno how long I'll wait but if no one takes it sooner or later I'll throw it on ebay.

Once the motor is fully broken in you should be getting about as good of HP as you'll see out of it stock. My main question is "is it going to burn oil". Seeing as practically all turbo motors burn oil on some level makes me curious as to how mitsu claims the evo will NEVER burn oil if broken in properly. I was thinking the SRT might be the same way.

Guest bastaad525

owners manual says some level of oil consumption is normal. I know most srt owners on the srt forum I found say a lot of oil gets thru the PCV system. A catch can is one of the first mods everyone does, I'm ordering one myself today :D

Guest bastaad525

First mods already on the way!!! :D :D

Stage 1 ECU and upgraded wastegate actuator to run more boost and hold it to redline (stock WGA SUCKS BUTT!!). Should be good for 20-30hp to the wheels and almost guarantees a mid-high 13 second 1/4 if well driven :D

For a grand total of about $350 and maybe one hour of (very easy) work!!

Guest bastaad525

no I don't want that 'ricer sound'. I never did put an open BOV on my Z either. Actually even stock the SRT's recirc valve is somewhat audible. But no... no BOV for me... just like the Z I want this thing to be as unnoticeable as possible.... I'm already thinking I'll probably take that wing off. Not like I ever drive 150mph :D let everyone think it's just a neon with a body kit...

I will try to take pics before I sell the Z of the two side by side... and title it "out with the old and in with the new". The Z needs to be washed though she's a dirty dirty little... well... :D

I dunno when I'll get it to the track, I just found out that LACR also has test and tune night on wednesdays which is much better for me than friday night which I have to work. I just HATE LACR because it's high elevation like almost 3000 feet and usually hot and traction sucks there... I almost took the Z a couple weeks ago but in the end just thought it wasnt' worth it because I KNOW I wont get a time indicative of what that car can really do.

With the SRT I'd anticipate like a 14.4-14.8... BS this car should be 14 flat!

I would like to take it though maybe right after my first upgrades show up?

Guest bastaad525

Sentra SE-R got sold today :( it was a sad moment... I've owned that car for just about a year, and even with over 150,000 miles on the odometer, that car gave me NO real problems during that entire year. It was fun, handled great, wasn't super fast but revved like no tommorow to 7700 rpm, and stopped on a dime. And I beat the heck out of it at every given opportunity. I had always planned on taking it to the track but of course that never happened. I only hope my friend who bought it takes good care of it and has as much fun with it as I have had. :(

Guest bastaad525

I'd like to do that, either take it to the track or dyno and baseline it.

The ECU, I just found out, is pretty much a special order item and will take a LONG time to arrive, a month or more, so that leaves me plenty of time :D

The other mods I ordered are just a catch can and the wastegate spring mod... the spring mod is easily enough removed and replaced so I can test back to back with that one, catch can obviously isn't gonna make a difference :D

This thing loves to shift at WOT!

Guest bastaad525

I wanted black or silver... silver was out of production midway thru the year and 5 dealers I called couldn't find one. Black was my next preference for looks, BUT... god dark colors are such a pain, every little scratch, fingerprint, spot, UGH....

I swear I'm going to do like the guys at Sport Compact Car and take a brand new car and primer it black.... SO tempted, but my wife would be furious :D

Guest bastaad525

LOL if I wanted to BS about buying a car, you think I'd BS about buying an SRT-4?

More likely I'd be 'pimpin' a new STi or Evo, thanks :D

No, I assure you, I actually bought an SRT-4, and my Z is actually for sale. I want to take a GOOD pic of the two side by side, but if all you guys want is pic proof I can go snap a shot of the rear of the two together.